OT- What a DUD! | Syracusefan.com

OT- What a DUD!

I have to say, I'm away from home at an event and there was a big screen playing the game and...noone cared.

They are going to ruin College Football. At least the last game...

I will likely be wrong if an expanded playoff allows more teams/fanbases to feel included

By the time I tuned in it was over. Highly disappointed to hear they did not allow tailgating for the game, what a suck experience for those who attended wanting a good college football game.

Hopefully next year Alabama or Ohio State makes it back to the championship game and plays Georgia. Will be much more interesting. Yawn

Absolute worst game of the year.
Didn’t watch any of it, or the playoffs. A friend whose wife is a UGA grad was texting me on every score.

Didn’t watch any of it, or the playoffs. A friend whose wife is a UGA grad was texting me on every score.
watched the first quarter and then bailed as anyone who follows the sport closely knew it was a foregone conclusion early on.

And as you've noted the current state of college football horrendously sucks. Can't wait for the 12 team playoff to have at least a mini-march madness vibe to it to have and cling on to some false hope with an early upset or two, only to have the status quo reinforced with the usual powers that be factories ultimately winning it all as per usual!

A little false hope will be a good thing!

Last edited:
Switched to the Knicks after the 1st Q and watched them blow a 17 point lead to the Bucks at MSG.

Was anyone really surprised by last night? Had no business beating Michigan and frankly if Ryan Day and OSU showed up for the Michigan game last night would have been OSU vs Georgia.

It's only going to get worse in terms of competitiveness.

watched the first quarter and then bailed as anyone who follows the sport closely knew it was a foregone conclusion early on.

And as you've noted the current state of college football horrendously sucks. Can't wait for the 12 team playoff to have at least a mini-march madness vibe to have and cling on to some false hope with an early upset or two, only to have the status quo reinforced with the usual powers that be factories ultimately winning it all as per usual!

A little false hope will be a good thing!
Agree about the 12 team playoff, Will be fun to see more teams have a chance and possibly even SU on a special year. But it just seems like there are always a few teams who separate themselves even when you include the top 12 and I'd also be surprised to see that change.

TCU had no game plan on offense, then compounded it with mental mistakes and bad tackling.

Agree about the 12 team playoff, Will be fun to see more teams have a chance and possibly even SU on a special year. But it just seems like there are always a few teams who separate themselves even when you include the top 12 and I'd also be surprised to see that change.
More games means more injuries, which favors the factories, who have quality depth. On balance this doesn't change the end game.

In retrospect, one wonders how the hell Michigan beat Ohio State?

The B12 had a bad bowl season, going 2-7, but the great performance by TCU was going to save things. You know all the B12 schools less Oklahoma and Texas were loving seeing TCU win the conference championship and get all the way to the NC game.

But that loss was so one sided, it undid most of the good TCU did with the win over Michigan. Most people are not going to remember the UM win. They are going to remember that debacle last night.

The biggest takeaway though has to be how dominant Georgia has become. Remarkable achievement on their part.

In retrospect, one wonders how the hell Michigan beat Ohio State?

The B12 had a bad bowl season, going 2-7, but the great performance by TCU was going to save things. You know all the B12 schools less Oklahoma and Texas were loving seeing TCU win the conference championship and get all the way to the NC game.

But that loss was so one sided, it undid most of the good TCU did with the win over Michigan. Most people are not going to remember the UM win. They are going to remember that debacle last night.

The biggest takeaway though has to be how dominant Georgia has become. Remarkable achievement on their part.
TCU got pretty lucky in that win over Michigan. Michigan was a few bad calls away from winning by 21+ points. Unfortunately they didn't deserve to be there last night and probably shouldn't have even been in the playoff.

That would have been spicy!
Georgia pulling their QB1 at the start of the 4Q in his last ever game was just as pointed as shortened quarters lol.

I checked back after Dr Quinn once the wife went to sleep.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom