OT-Where did " He Gone" come from? | Syracusefan.com

OT-Where did " He Gone" come from?

On this board? Definitely from OttoinGrotto in reference to the plethora of 1 and dones.

Hawk Harrelson:

Harrelson is known for his homerism (open expression of pro-home team bias) and catch phrases, also known as "Hawkisms". Popular "Hawkisms" include: "You can put it on the board! Yes! Yes!" after a Sox home run, "He gone!" and/or "Grab some bench!" after a strikeout of an opposing player, and "Stretch!" when a White Sox player hits a ball toward the outfield fence. Hawk often states "Sacks packed with Sox" when the bases are loaded.[4]

I hate it also.

Gives me the d chills along when AXE does his old man on the porch voice.

214401.1.jpg

He gone...

well...bye.

Hawk Harrelson:

Harrelson is known for his homerism (open expression of pro-home team bias) and catch phrases, also known as "Hawkisms". Popular "Hawkisms" include: "You can put it on the board! Yes! Yes!" after a Sox home run, "He gone!" and/or "Grab some bench!" after a strikeout of an opposing player, and "Stretch!" when a White Sox player hits a ball toward the outfield fence. Hawk often states "Sacks packed with Sox" when the bases are loaded.[4]

Your grammar (and punctuation) is beyond reproach; I just wanted to make that observation.

I have always believed it is from Hawk Harrelson from the White Sox. Hawk after every K from a White Sox pitcher will say He gone.

I am a not a White Sox fan but love Harrelson's passion and energy. He is the textbook definition of a homer broadcaster.

20130404-hall-and-oates-cov-624x420-1365088015.jpg

"i gotta learn how to face it .he gone oh why , oh why. i'd paid the devil to replace him..."

tbonezone said:
"i gotta learn how to face it .he gone oh why , oh why. i'd paid the devil to replace him..."

Great, now I need to know the secret life of Hall and Oates.

I thought it was from Tyler Perry's Madea movie.

The posters on this board who use it are gone

You ever notice trite sayings come in pairs:

Birds of a feather flock together.
Opposites attract.

He Gone.
A warning shot into the head.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics