OT- Why Mudiay Is Going to China: Deion's Charter School Debacle | Syracusefan.com

OT- Why Mudiay Is Going to China: Deion's Charter School Debacle

Disgusting.

Unfortunately that word doesn't do that situation justice. The Texas Board of Education should be embarrassed and ridiculed incessantly for not only backing this circus show, but having the blind audacity to make excuses and let it continue. Politicians should go down for this.

Strong piece in NY Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/10/s...ed-by-deion-sanders-comes-under-scrutiny.html

This is where "amateur" sports is headed. Younger & younger...lower & lower.
I think, if done correctly, a sports centered school is a great idea. We have technical schools as well as music and performing arts schools. We have math and science schools. Why not one for sports.
Everyone here loves that our new basketball recruit works out at 5:00 AM. Well, his parents can afford a trainer. What if a kid's parent can't afford one. Why not a sports school where you do PT in the early AM, do school work, then practice?

I wonder if any of the "graduates" from this school have made it into colleges whether they are athletes or not. Or are they all athletes, I couldn't tell. And how about the side note about the Michigan HS hoop player transferring to a prep school in CA that doesn't even exist yet? Let's not absolve the parents from some blame in all this.