OT: Your favorite teams out of 100 allocated points | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

OT: Your favorite teams out of 100 allocated points

SUMB - 44
SUFB - 22
SUWB - 11
All other SU sports - the rest.

I used to be a Giants & Jets fan (much moreso the latter) and a Mets fan.
Oh, and the Knicks.

But I almost never watch any Pro sports anymore.

What I don't get, is how anyone can have two teams from the same sport on the list.

Yes, never really understood that either.

My biggest pet peeve related to sports are folks who root for different colleges in different college sports. And of course they are always the top programs in their respective sports. It’s hard to take someone seriously when they tell you they are a Duke basketball and Alabama football fan.

Today:
Bills 20
F1/Nascar 20
Cuse bball 20
Sabres 15
Michigan football 10
Cuse football 10
UFC 5

5 years ago:
Cuse bball 30
Cuse football 20
Bills 15
Sabres 15
Michigan football 10
F1/Nascar 10

2000-2019
SU Bball - 40
Yankees - 25
Bills - 25
Sabres - 10

2020 - present
Bills - 30
Sabres - 25
Yankees - 25
SU Bball - 20

I used to schedule everything I did around the Cuse basketball schedule. With the program falling into irrelevance the last few years when there is a conflict, I'll watch the Sabres or Bills and just check in with the basketball game.

Syracuse BBall - 40
Syracuse Lacrosse - 40
Syracuse Football - 18
Yankees - 2

If Greg freaking Robinson was not the coach during my formative years that football number would be higher. Was alive but too young to have many concrete memories of the McNabb era. Football has been mediocre to bad basically my entire life so enthusiasm has always been a little limited. Grandparents would not be pleased if I left the Yankees off the list. Love watching pro sports but there is no true attachment to a team there.

SU hoops 40
SU football 40
SU lax 5
Dolphins 5
Yankees 5
Celtics 5

Bottom four feel severely undervalued, relative to how much I pull for them. But nothing compares to SU hoops / football for me.

Here's how my sports soul is invested:
SU Football 28
SU Basketball 27
Buffalo Bills 20
SU Lacrosse 10
Other SU sports 5
Buffalo Sabres 5
All other sports 5

Last edited:
What I don't get, is how anyone can have two teams from the same sport on the list.
I almost became a PC hoops fan kinda did for a minute. I grew up going to their hockey games and camps so like them in that sport and in 2015 when they won the National Championship in Boston I decided to buy some BB tickets to support them it was a great weekend.

They ended up offering and then selling me BB seats 4th row center court and there was no special donation they just cost $85 per ticket not sure why those specific seats were available at that time it was pretty lucky someone had dropped them and they weren't offered to everyone else that had priority like they should have been.

I think I kept them for 2 seasons one was the Kris Dunn year but I live north of Boston its too far. I think they doubled the price for the first 10 rows too so I dropped them. If I was south I'd probably go to 1/2 the games and be a legit fan. But they are just like DePaul to me a NBE team I don't mind since I despise Uconn/Georgetown and very much dislike Nova, SH, Creighton, Butler, St Johns etc.

But yeah if it was a 30 min ride vs 1 hr 30 min I'd love to go to 10 games per year in good seats and its not like I'd stop rooting for Syracuse.

Syracuse basketball = 50
Minnesota Twins = 30
Minnesota Vikings = 10
My kids sports teams = 3
Syracuse football = 2
MN Gophers football = 2
Syracuse lacrosse = 1
MN Gophers hockey = 1
MN Wild =1

I grew up & still live in MN and have no link to Syracuse. It all started with Pearl.

SU MBB - 30
NY Yankees - 30
NY Football Giants - 30
SU Football - 10

SU MBB 40
Yankees 30
NY Jets 15
SU Football 10
Knicks 5

Syracuse basketball = 50
Minnesota Twins = 30
Minnesota Vikings = 10
My kids sports teams = 3
Syracuse football = 2
MN Gophers football = 2
Syracuse lacrosse = 1
MN Gophers hockey = 1
MN Wild =1

I grew up & still live in MN and have no link to Syracuse. It all started with Pearl.
love my kids sports team. That’s probably the top of mine

SU BB - 40
NY Yankees - 20
NY Giants - 20
Detroit Pistons - 10
SU FB - 10

SU FB 40
SU BB 30
NY Giants 10
NY Red Bulls 10
US Mens National Team Soccer 10

Well this will be awkward...
SU BB 25
SU FB 20
Yankees 12
Bengals 12
Vikings 9
Reds 7
UC BB 5
UC FB 5
FC Cincinnati 3
Knicks 2

I've also been a pretty big Vanderbilt fan the last few years as their AD employs my son and keeps him from sleeping on my couch.

Late entry. Cool thread.

SU BB 30
Boston Celtics 30
St. Louis Cardinals 15
Louisville football 15
Louisville basketball 7
SU FB 2
NY Jets 1

Cuse Hoops 25
Philadelphia Eagles 25
Chicago Bulls 15
USMNT 10