SU Hoop 20
B-Ville Baseball 10
B-Ville Softball 10

SU Hoops - 40
Seattle Mariners - 25
Buffalo Bills - 25
SU Football - 5
UW Hoops - 5
(A whole bunch of honorable mentions including Seahawks and Kraken)

Late entry. Cool thread.

SU BB 30
Boston Celtics 30
St. Louis Cardinals 15
Louisville football 15
Louisville basketball 7
SU FB 2
NY Jets 1
You can only pick one...SU-UL BB at the Yum, or the Derby?

SU FB: 32.5
SU BB: 27.5
TOR MLB: 22.5
PHI NFL: 17.5

This is tough. I would weight football higher because I get so excited in early August for the players to start practicing that the anticipation is half the fun.

I have just recently rediscovered MLB. I was a huge Jays fan growing up and that was rekindled in 2015 when they were a championship ball club.

From the time of the baseball strike in the mid 90s until about 2015 I really stopped following on a daily basis. My first paragraph about the excitement of early August was in part because I had no teams to root for during the summer. Or no interest in rooting for them at least.

I also weigh this based on my reaction if any one of these teams won a championship in their sport. I would sob like a little boy if SU football ever did that. I would tear up if SU BB did it (there’s something about knowing that in CBB a team CAN become a contender in just a year or two with the right coach and players that tempers my excitement a bit for whatever reason. Plus, I was an adult when they one in 2003 and got to experience that fully).

Same with the Eagles. If they win again I’ll be very proud but I’ve seen it recently. If the Jays won I’d be slightly more excited than with another Eagles title.

In season? I’m absolutely rabid about each of these teams.

SU football - 40
SU bball - 30
Atlanta Braves - 15
Detroit Lions - 15

SU BBall 30
SU FBall 15
Yankees 15
Bklyn Nets 15
Liverpool FC 15
SU Lax 5
NY Jets 5

These numbers change depending on how the teams are playing. For example if SU Lax is a top 5 team they would move way up. If the Jets are a playoff caliber team they move way up. USA Soccer teams (men and women) are on the list during world cup years. NY Rangers if in the playoffs move onto the list. Also SU Lax Women and SU Soccer Men in good seasons and tournament years.

SU Basketball 40
Colombia National Team Soccer 15
Celtic Football Club 15
SU Lacrosse 10
San Antonio Spurs 5
NY Jets 5
SU Football 5
Baltimore Orioles 2
Pittsburgh Penguins 2
NY Mets 1

You can only pick one...SU-UL BB at the Yum, or the Derby?
I’ve been to both and both are fun. I still go for SU in basketball, always will. It was very hard to care about UofL basketball at all last year. Derby is awesome. It’s been a few years since I’ve attended, but got to go to the KY Oaks the day before this year with a few other couples in a large suite area with all you can eat and drink, with a terrace to watch races from above then go back inside to eat drink and bet some more, very cool. I’ll take that experience, but seeing Cuse in person always neat as well, especially starting this coming season!

So when Cuse plays Louisville you root for Louisville?
In basketball, no, always root for Cuse over UofL. I’ve always been more of a Cuse basketball than football fan, and lived in Louisville area for many years, got to like their football team.

You have 100 weighted percentage points to allocate to your favorite sports teams (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAAF, NCAAB, Premier League, whatever) based on how much you care about them. For example, if you are obsessed with SU basketball but also follow SU football, the Jets and the Mets in a secondary capacity, yours might be SUBB 60, SUFB 20, Jets 10, Mets 10.

Mine is fairly simple: SUFB 45, SUBB 45, Bills 10.

What is yours? Will be interesting to see everyones.
Great topic.. I wish that we could know everybody’s age here and size things up.. I’d place a heavy wager that younger = further spread, whereas, mid-age is likely smallest spread and the elderly likely re-expands.

As a kid/teen, I’d have put it at: SUFB 25%, SUBB 25%, Giants 12%, ⚾️ Giants 15%, Sabres 10%, NBA 5% and Golf 8%.

Mid-Age, I’d put it at SUFB 35%, SUBB 25%, Golf 25%, and ⚾️ Giants/Nats 15%.

Great topic.. I wish that we could know everybody’s age here and size things up.. I’d place a heavy wager that younger = further spread, whereas, mid-age is likely smallest spread and the elderly likely re-expands.

As a kid/teen, I’d have put it at: SUFB 25%, SUBB 25%, Giants 12%, ⚾️ Giants 15%, Sabres 10%, NBA 5% and Golf 8%.

Mid-Age, I’d put it at SUFB 35%, SUBB 25%, Golf 25%, and ⚾️ Giants/Nats 15%.
I’m 54

I’ve been to both and both are fun. I still go for SU in basketball, always will. It was very hard to care about UofL basketball at all last year. Derby is awesome. It’s been a few years since I’ve attended, but got to go to the KY Oaks the day before this year with a few other couples in a large suite area with all you can eat and drink, with a terrace to watch races from above then go back inside to eat drink and bet some more, very cool. I’ll take that experience, but seeing Cuse in person always neat as well, especially starting this coming season!
Going to the races is really pretty cool. I have also gone there a few times. Go up to the rooms, terrace view, buffet to eat, dedicated betting area, and a table to visit at and pretend I could read and understand the book.

SU FB- 31
SU MBB- 29
Cowboys-20
SU MLax-10
Flyers-5
Red Sox-5

I mostly root for players as opposed to teams except for SU BB and USMNT and USWNT.

This has decidedly changed since I was in my late 50's. I stopped watching any football (college or NFL), NBA basketball or MLB baseball. These take way to much time to watch!

1. Syracuse MBB = 35
2. USMNT = 20
3. USWNT = 5
4. Soccer Teams with American or other players I follow = 20
5. Other College MBB and WBB Teams = 20

During the Olympics - all bets are off. I even start watching track meets and skiing!

You have 100 weighted percentage points to allocate to your favorite sports teams (NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAAF, NCAAB, Premier League, whatever) based on how much you care about them. For example, if you are obsessed with SU basketball but also follow SU football, the Jets and the Mets in a secondary capacity, yours might be SUBB 60, SUFB 20, Jets 10, Mets 10.

Chelsea FC - 30%
SU Hoops - 20%
SU Football - 15%
NY Yankees - 10%
NY Knicks - 10%
NJ Giants - 10%
Bills - 5%

Commanders is such a great and patriotic name. Are you originally from Russia or China?

And "blust2i3d4" is such an, err, unusual name. Looks like a computer-assigned password.

Chelsea must be hot

Now that you mention it ...

d4dd5d53f71adae32395c11dfcf102a4.jpg

Red Sox 50
SU Hoops 40
SU Football 10