(Other) Grad Transfer | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

(Other) Grad Transfer

whoever this mystery man is, hope he's better willing & able to accept a role as a backup/rotation player than was geno thorpe. because barring anything unforeseen happening in the offseason, the starting lineup is set.
Do you believe Hughes is staying? how can there not be at least one starting spot open?

Last edited:
whoever this mystery man is, hope he's better willing & able to accept a role as a backup/rotation player than was geno thorpe. because barring anything unforeseen happening in the offseason, the starting lineup is set.

The starting lineup is set? How do you figure? Elijah Hughes is leaving.

I wouldn’t say the from court lineup is set. We need a SF who can make 3s and score off the bounce. Teams will simply focus on coveting our guards if Dolezaj and Guerrier are the regular forwards.

Minutes next year:

Sid 30
Marek 39
Guerrier 36
Buddy 39
Joe 35
Richmond 11
Edwards 10

Minutes next year:

Sid 30
Marek 39
Guerrier 36
Buddy 39
Joe 35
Richmond 11
Edwards 10

Without a good transfer, they’ll need some minutes from Braswell or Newton to provide for another perimeter scorer. That lineup will struggle to score.

Minutes next year:

Sid 30
Marek 39
Guerrier 36
Buddy 39
Joe 35
Richmond 11
Edwards 10
That’s gonna require Buddy or Richmond to play some forward with this rotation. I’m not sold on that.

Probably. But I don't know that the tandem listed is optimally complimentary in terms of game / skills.

True dat. At least as of now.

Bras makes a nearly perfect 3rd man in our F rotation, as he's got a very nice 3-ball.
Something like 35 mins for Marek, 25 for Q, 20 for Bras -
whom I sincerely hope is Southerland2.0 for us.

Also - QG can shoot from 3, he just needs to learn how to HIT from 3.
Ditto Marek - he shot 38% the prior year from 3 (granted, on only about 1 shot/game), so he clearly has the ability.

If these guys both work on that (in Marek's case, not getting injured this offseason would be swell; gaining 10-15 lbs even sweller! ;) ) - and at least get to where they shoot .3x % from 3, it will open up so much for both of them.

They need to do like CJ did his Jr. year - IF teams leave you wide open from 3, then take it and splash it.
But don't go looking for pull-ups or step-backs or anything that's not basically a gimme.
CJ shot 47% from 3 that year, basically taking 2 a game, and hitting 1.

No reason Q and Marektion can't do similar, and then leave the volume 3's to Buddy and JGIII (and Bras / forward TBD)

It's going to be a long year next season if that's the case and we don't add anyone.

Gillon's transfer was announced in May 2016.

White's transfer, although widely rumored, wasn't announced until Aug 2016.

Hughes' transfer was announced in May 2017.

Thorpe's transfer was announced in June 2017.

Just because we haven't added anyone on March 17 doesn't mean that we won't be adding anyone.

Minutes next year:

Sid 30
Marek 39
Guerrier 36
Buddy 39
Joe 35
Richmond 11
Edwards 10

Need minutes from Bras, if this is the roster, to have a third shooter out there. Unless QG, or MD find their jumper, which is entirely possible. I think at the very least, we add another forward. Wouldn’t mind seeing JG, Buddy, Kadary out there at the same time, but doubt JB does it. With QG, and MD rounding out that lineup we could be really fun to watch. Won’t play much D, and QG would have to dominate the glass, but damn could they get out, and run. JG could continue to drop those beautiful lob dimes. I think this is gonna be a fun squad to watch, and I really believe they can win 20+ games, to sneak in the tourney. Crazier things have happened when we least expected it. I’m bullish on the future.

Lol you people are too much. Projecting roster minutes right now is asinine. The roster isnt settled yet so why on earth would you project minutes and get upset. We will def be adding a transfer or two and once coaching changes start happening and recruits de commit we will look into that market as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom