jgeorge322

Living Legend
this year
cuse: 68.5 ppg, 0.438 fg %, 0.32 3pfg %
opponents: 59.8 ppg, 0.378 fg %, 0.293 3pfg %

last year
cuse: 68.0 ppg, 0.437 fg %, 0.331 3pfg %
opponents: 59.2 ppg, 0.410 fg%, 0.345 3pfg %

very close. if you look at other stats, rebounds, steals, etc, all are close. were actually better on paper this year than last year.

to me, it says more about last year than this. we werent really that good either last year either.'

i should add that in our "down" years we still compete against everyone. its a nice place to be. we can beat anyone in the top 10 and it wouldnt be all that surprising. i think well split duke this year again.

this year

last year

very close. if you look at other stats, rebounds, steals, etc, all are close. were actually better on paper this year than last year.

to me, it says more about last year than this. we werent really that good either last year either.'
Lets compare when the season is over.

Those numbers will go down once we get to the meat of the ACC schedule, but it's closer than I thought.

this year

last year

Is that after 20 games last year or totally?

We'll see. We really haven't played anybody that good.

Last year's offense was pretty unimpressive as well. We didn't seem to turn the ball over so much though.

Last year's offense was pretty unimpressive as well. We didn't seem to turn the ball over so much though.

Exactly. Even with the three scoring leaders from last year it was grinded to a hault come mid February once teams figured us out. I don't know what that meant about the perceived talent from last year or the offensive aptitude of the coaching staff. Personally, I'm not a big Boeheim guy but I think CJ/Ennis/Grant were vastly overrated as difference makers and big time talents. I think Boeheim and the staff THIS year need to be commended with the current cast of characters (minus Rak) and circumstances. They are always pretty competitive. It is not a good basketball team yet they almost pulled out a few tough W's.

Last edited:
i should add that in our "down" years we still compete against everyone. its a nice place to be. we can beat anyone in the top 10 and it wouldnt be all that surprising. i think well split duke this year again.

I'll be shocked if we beat anyone in the Top 10. I'd love for it to happen, but they would have to have a really bad day considering we're still playing 3 on 5 on offense for the most part.

We were not a dominating team last year but our low turnover rate helped keep us in games and for most of the season we had an uncanny knack for dominating the last few minutes of games to pull away or at least clinch the victory. Then we lost that knack late. The only team that beat us badly was Virginia.

We've had 10-12 teams that were more dominating than last year's team. 2010 and 2012 were clearly much better, even if they didn't start 25-0.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom