Our tavern league zone | Syracusefan.com

Our tavern league zone

JarHeadJim

I have never won sheet!
As coined by the great Igor! Sorry my friend you are in correct and once again MIA?

jim this ia not tavern. these kids dont stand around for forty minutes. they compete. carter williams is a defensive stud. the length and latteral quickness is off the chart

jim this ia not tavern. these kids dont stand around for forty minutes. they compete. carter williams is a defensive stud. the length and latteral quickness is off the chart
LOL The internet does work in Florida

I thought the 2009-10 team played the Zone well, with Triche and Andy up top and a "steal and deal" fast break. Thrashing Cal and UNC in the preseason NIT is still a fond memory, but they lost an important piece when AO went down. Likewise, the 2011-12 team was excellent in the Zone, with Fab blocking leftovers and taking charges, until he disappeared. But this year's team seems to have mastered the Zone even better come the postseason, if stats don't lie. Is this, in fact, the best the Zone has been played under JB?-VBOF

I thought the 2009-10 team played the Zone well, with Triche and Andy up top and a "steal and deal" fast break. Thrashing Cal and UNC in the preseason NIT is still a fond memory, but they lost an important piece when AO went down. Likewise, the 2011-12 team was excellent in the Zone, with Fab blocking leftovers and taking charges, until he disappeared. But this year's team seems to have mastered the Zone even better come the postseason, if stats don't lie. Is this, in fact, the best the Zone has been played under JB?-VBOF
Last year with Melo was the best.

Yesterday would have been unfair if we had fab. We might have held marquette below 25.

So...it's not the zone per se, it's the players in the zone that make it "tavern" or not?

Yesterday would have been unfair if we had fab. We might have held marquette below 25.
both rak and bmk are smarter better optio0ns than fab. rak is one trip up the court when the light goes on

I think James and CJ are the best pair of zone forwards we have ever had. MCW may be the best guard in the zone ever and BT is very good too. If his back doesn't start bothering him Marquette may not have scored 30pts. That said the zone had been played the same since the 09-10 season where JB started playing the wings higher so if this is not tavern league none of the others were either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom