OUT OF 100 TIMES | Syracusefan.com

OUT OF 100 TIMES

We've won 54 out of 55 times against Colgate. That is pretty good!
They have made the ncaa tournament a total of 4 times in there history

They have a career 48% winning percentage.

They lose more then they win in there history.

They scored more against us then they did against Poly Tech!!!

They are 3-2 on the season now.

COLGATE SHOULD NEVER BEAT SYRACUSE

They have made the ncaa tournament a total of 4 times in there history

They have a career 48% winning percentage.

They lose more then they win in there history.

They scored more against us then they did against Poly Tech!!!

They are 3-2 on the season now.

COLGATE SHOULD NEVER BEAT SYRACUSE
Yeah but... we are their super bowl and 54/55 is SOLID.

Yeah but... we are their super bowl and 54/55 is SOLID.

Be content with losing to Colgate. I am not. It shouldn’t ever happen. We outclass them at every position. We SHOULD NEVER LOSE TO COLGATE

Be content with losing to Colgate. I am not. It shouldn’t ever happen. We outclass them at every position. We SHOULD NEVER LOSE TO COLGATE
We outclass them at every position.

Not necessarily anymore. The makeup of this team is more shooting based as opposed to high level athleticism. More mid major than Phi Slamma Jamma and so now these games are more like a game of horse from3 pt range, and we lost that game of horse today

Not necessarily anymore. The makeup of this team is more shooting based as opposed to high level athleticism. More mid major than Phi Slamma Jamma and so now these games are more like a game of horse from3 pt range, and we lost that game of horse today

I disagree. Syracuse doesn’t trade one player on there team for a player on Colgate. Colgate coach would trade his whole team for every player on Syracuse. HOF coach just got outcoached by the Colgate head coach. Don’t tell me after allowing 100 points on defense it is all on the players. Colgate is averaging 76 points a game. They scored 100 against us.

I disagree. Syracuse doesn’t trade one player on there team for a player on Colgate. Colgate coach would trade his whole team for every player on Syracuse. HOF coach just got outcoached by the Colgate head coach. Don’t tell me after allowing 100 points on defense it is all on the players. Colgate is averaging 76 points a game. They scored 100 against us.
I hear you and agree with that its just the gap has closed. JB has said on his show, there's more good players at more places than there was years and decades ago.

WE SHOULD WIN EXACTLY 100 AGAINST COLGATE. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES. BAD BAD BAD LOSS
The operative word is "should."

Colgate is a well-coached, disciplined team.
They never let their lead dip below 5 or 6 points in the second half because they executed.
They didn't panic, they didn't fold.
After an awful start they played better basketball than Syracuse did.
They played their game and beat the Orange at the Orange's game.

No one is happy about it...but upsets happen.
See also LeMoyne.

The operative word is "should."

Colgate is a well-coached, disciplined team.
They never let their lead dip below 5 or 6 points in the second half because they executed.
They didn't panic, they didn't fold.
After an awful start they played better basketball than Syracuse did.
They played their game and beat the Orange at the Orange's game.

See also LeMoyne.
Lemoyne was an exhibition game. People need to stop using that.
this game counted. When tourney rolls around, if we are on the bubble, this loss will be on there as a bad loss. Guaranteed.

See also LeMoyne.
it wasn’t even a real game, not sure why it keeps getting brought up. We didn’t even play the zone that game.

There is 0 justification for this game. We were up 17-2. We got out-coached and outplayed. Arguably the worst home loss in Jim’s tenure. These are facts.

WE SHOULD WIN EXACTLY 100 AGAINST COLGATE. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES. BAD BAD BAD LOSS
Just wanted to help a little with the hysteria. Moneyline was +410 which implies out of 100 times, Colgate should actually win TWENTY times. The way we got beat was horrendous but the loss itself isn’t a big upset in the slightest.

Just wanted to help a little with the hysteria. Moneyline was +410 which implies out of 100 times, Colgate should actually win TWENTY times. The way we got beat was horrendous but the loss itself isn’t a big upset in the slightest.

We gave up 100 points and lost by 15 at home to Colgate. This wasn’t some fluke.

We gave up 100 points and lost by 15 at home to Colgate. This wasn’t some fluke.
I believe it was the literal definition of a fluke. We won’t know for awhile. Let’s hope I’m right.

I believe it was the literal definition of a fluke. We won’t know for awhile. Let’s hope I’m right.
I don’t think it was a fluke, Colgate is a good team that made a ton of threes.Red Raiders have all experienced guys that hit every big shot they needed to hit to win a ball game.Let’s learn and move on and hopefully get better.

I don’t think it was a fluke, Colgate is a good team that made a ton of threes.Red Raiders have all experienced guys that hit every big shot they needed to hit to win a ball game.Let’s learn and move on and hopefully get better.
I mean the 100 points. You’re right about them being a good team

If we were a #1 seed in the tourney and loss to a #16, would anyone be saying...hey, that 16 seed is good. They won their tournament...no, we wouldn’t.

colgate will likely be a 15 or 16 seed if they win the patriot.
think a little perspective is needed. Colgate is good for their level, but if we want to not get upset by folks mocking our bubble status every year. This is pretty much the exact game you can’t lose. At home.

some on the board did the same with Bryant last year. A team who ultimately didn’t even win their crummy conference.

Maybe Vegas sees more weaknesses in this SU team than people on this board care to admit?

This is very true. We are rolling out a mid-major team from an athleticism perspective.

If we were a #1 seed in the tourney and loss to a #16, would anyone be saying...hey, that 16 seed is good. They won their tournament...no, we wouldn’t.

colgate will likely be a 15 or 16 seed if they win the patriot.
think a little perspective is needed. Colgate is good for their level, but if we want to not get upset by folks mocking our bubble status every year. This is pretty much the exact game you can’t lose. At home.

some on the board did the same with Bryant last year. A team who ultimately didn’t even win their crummy conference.

I forgot Colgate was a 16 seed last year. I thought they played against Arkansas as a 14 and had a completely different team than last night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom