Out of position players | Syracusefan.com

Out of position players

NineOneSeven

2018-19 Iggy Hoops Leader Scorer
We have a 3 playing the 1 (Mike G), a 2 playing the 3 (Richardson), and a 3 playing the 5 (Lydon).

We are much better set up next year.

What do you see as the lineup for next year?

Howard, Mal, Battle, TR and Chukwu with Lydon and Moyer off the bench? Who backs up Howard?

Howard, Mal, Battle, TR and Chukwu with Lydon and Moyer off the bench? Who backs up Howard?

I don't know nearly enough about Battle but my assumption was he plays the 1, even though he isn't a PG.

MY personal lineup would be Howard, Richardson, Moyer, Roberson, Chukwu.

Coleman still has a year left, correct?

If TR keeps getting double-doubles we may lose TR to the NBA draft. Somewhat unlikely right now but it could happen.

FH, MR, TB, TR, PC and TL and MM off the bench sounds about right. TL may have to continue playing minutes at the 5 unless they somehow get another big in the 2016 class. By next year TL will be much stronger physically. MRs driving to the basket skills will probably be better. And hopefully TR will have a meaningful jump-shot by next year. If TR was able to hit a 15 jumper and do everything else he does he would be pretty awesome player.

However, next year is a long ways away. This year's team is turning out to be much more interesting than I imagined. Beating Duke at Duke and winning Atlantis so far for me has made this season a success. Getting into the NCAA tournament would be the cherry on top. Getting to the Sweet 16 and I would have to change my underwear!

Battle was signed to start at the point. I see Howard being a super sub 6th man.

Probably Battle, Malachi, Lydon, Roberson, Chukwu. Howard, DC and Moyer off the bench is my guess if DC wants to come back. The zone will be 2013 esque next year. I think Malachi and Lydon will be the stars of the team. They are projected as first rounder next year.

We have a 3 playing the 1 (Mike G), a 2 playing the 3 (Richardson), and a 3 playing the 5 (Lydon).

We are much better set up next year.

All that would be fine if we had a center who could play defense. Nothing wrong with Gbinije playing G, or Richardson -- give us a genuine center and this team would be top 25.
Next year we will miss all that Gbinije is doing for this team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom