Outgaining Pitt by 140 | Syracusefan.com

Outgaining Pitt by 140

Millhouse

Living Legend
I wonder when that happened last

Since at least before 2000

The schedule is so hard, bc is so bad, and we don't play wvu, it's hard do evaluate against peers... But today is a big step to outgain Pitt so handily

The schedule is so hard, bc is so bad, and we don't play wvu, it's hard do evaluate against peers... But today is a big step to outgain Pitt so handily
Northeast football is so terrible. Every time we beat someone in our region, it's big.

I'm shocked they have beaten us so much last 15 years

Somehow I didn't think it was that lopsided

How does that school have so many wins in bball and football vs us? So weird

They still beat us in YPP
We ran 32 more plays, 91 to 59.

The Pitt-SU series is incredibly weird. They had won 13 of 15, but we were just as dominant in the 15 or so games before that.

We're about to flip the script. Like it's the 1990s all over again. Both sports. And this is important, to be the "top dog" regionally.

No punts in the second half. With a little help on their silly roughing the passer flag.

This was the first time in years that we matched--or out-matched--Pitt in athleticism.

They still beat us in YPP
I don't think that YPP is especially telling in a lot of circumstances.

I'd obviously rather have a high YPP than a low one, but I'd rather have a team that gets a guaranteed 4 yards every play instead of a team that gets 50 yards every 10th play.

If our offense is going to work, we need to be extremely consistent. That will wear the opposing defense down, and it will keep our defense rested.

our YPP goes up when we get better running backs and complete the simple plays that were there.. A few of the throws that were low and off line left over 100 yds easily..

Since 2000 we have only gained 400 yds 3 times vs Pitt... so outgaining them by 140 is unlikely> i think since 1980 it be only 1994 and 1994 that we outgained them this way

our YPP goes up when we get better running backs and complete the simple plays that were there.. A few of the throws that were low and off line left over 100 yds easily..

True but the same could be said of Pitt as they had some guys wide open long that were missed. Dungey struggled throwing the ball in the first half but caught fire in the second.

I agree. The yardage they put up with glaring flaws says a lot about this offense

Yepper and if the RB's can average 5 per...as Keith would say "Whoa Nelly!".

But Pitts best plays that they missed long were not by design, just plays that broke down and guys got deep and scramble roots. even the deep ball they dropped was well covered. The last TD run was just bad tackling. Most of their longer pass players were lack of pass rush and eventually guys got open or lost in coverage.. As our pass rush gets better those plays happen less and less

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom