Class of 2022 - P Jack Stonehouse (CA) TRANSFERRING FROM MISSOURI TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 P Jack Stonehouse (CA) TRANSFERRING FROM MISSOURI TO SYRACUSE (12/21/22)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say offered.

im a little surprised we’d offer another Punter without seeing one of our others move on
The way he worded the situation just seemed a little confusing, like he forgot to include the word 'offer'.

Hopefully this tweet means SU does’t need to find a new ST coach in the offseason

I'm not looking at stats but I think his performance went downhill in the last 3-4 games, didn't it?
I thought he started well, especially for a freshman from Australia.

I agree. Started well for the most part but went down a bit.

He even liked my response to his tweet. :)

If he’s in, then Mr. Athens (Williams) is definitely gone.

Don’t forget this is the last weekend of official visit before national signing day on Wednesday. I would say the majority of offered athletes who are visiting this week will commit.
It all depends if they have other offers and want to take more ovs. Kids can still wait and sign on the second signing day 2/1.

Maybe one of more of the current group has recently gotten "the talk"?

If a player gets the “talk” but still doesn’t want to leave, do they have to? Like if you’re back up punter could you be like “that’s fine coach I’m good where I’m at” and keep your scholly?

If a player gets the “talk” but still doesn’t want to leave, do they have to? Like if you’re back up punter could you be like “that’s fine coach I’m good where I’m at” and keep your scholly?
A certain coach in Alabama would convince them to leave the program while still receiving a full scholarship.

I was wondering the same thing. If I’m on scholarship at SU, I may not want to leave to transfer to a lesser institution. I might be fine getting my tuition paid in full to get a degree from SU and all I have to do that’s different from a regular student is attend practices and get into uniform on Saturdays.

It’s illegal to say, “we are taking your scholarship away”.

There is nothing wrong with saying, “listen, we don’t think you have a role on this team anymore. You’re not going to be on the travel roster, you will only be scout team. Yadda”.

Most D1 athletes wouldn’t not shouldn’t want to be a part of that. That’s all they need to be portaling. It would have to be an unpleasant situation to stay after that talk.

There is nothing wrong with saying, “listen, we don’t think you have a role on this team anymore. You’re not going to be on the travel roster, you will only be scout team. Yadda”.

Most D1 athletes wouldn’t not shouldn’t want to be a part of that. That’s all they need to be portaling. It would have to be an unpleasant situation to stay after that talk.

Agreed. It just sucks if you were counting on getting an SU degree and now you have to transfer and get your degree from New Hampshire or Rutgers.

If I’m a back up punter I wouldn’t care. I get to go to SU for free and all I have to do is kick some balls sometimes? Yeah sorry coach, I’m chillen.

If I’m a back up punter I wouldn’t care. I get to go to SU for free and all I have to do is kick some balls sometimes? Yeah sorry coach, I’m chillen.
Agreed. Punter or kicker are completely different than let's say LB, OL, DT, QB.

SU punting since Riley & Sterling has been rather disappointing. I mean some really, really, bad situations that have cost the team dearly. I would expect Mr. Athens to move on and try his luck elsewhere.
It has been the worst since ive been watching SU football. Im sure someone has the stats but its been really bad

So that's why Ja'Had and Duece left!

Status
Not open for further replies.