PAC-12 Performance | Syracusefan.com

PAC-12 Performance

jncuse

I brought the Cocaine to the White House
Who had the P-12 as the top conference of the weekend. Despite not having any top seeds they are about to go 7-0 in the tournament if Oregon St holds on against Oklahoma St (up 16)

It's not only the wins but that they are winning easily.

Colorado crushed Georgetown by 23 (and it was worse then that)
USC beat Drake by 16
Oregon St beat Tennessee by 14
UCLA beat BYU by 11
UCLA beat a streaking Michigan St team.
Oregon St is winning by 16 against Oklahoma St

And they have benefitted from a forfeit.

Who had the P-12 as the top conference of the weekend. Despite not having any top seeds they are about to go 7-0 in the tournament if Oregon St holds on against Oklahoma St (up 16)

USC beat Drake by 16
UCLA beat BYU by 11

Probably as many that had figured us as the most impressive ACC team.

USC, Oregon, and Colorado are solid teams. UCLA and Oregon State are surprising me. But that happens. I watched a good amount of Pac12 this year, and these teams have talent.

USC beat Drake by 16
UCLA beat BYU by 11

This is simply some regression to the mean after years of dismal P10 performance.

USC beat Drake by 16
UCLA beat BYU by 11

It’s shocking. It’s probably the best tourney record the Pac12 has ever had since the UCLA dominance of the 1960s and 70s. That conference always sh$&s the bed come tourney time.

Pac 12-- media whiff? Not if you zoom in on Bill Walton. I can hear him saying "The conference of Champions" somewhere right now with more frequency and volume than anything we have ever seen or heard. He may have been the only person in the world whose bracket had this many Pac 12 teams advancing in the early rounds.

I think that the ACC being so down this season amplified the positive impression of B1G hoops especially after the ACC-B1G challenge. It will never happen but we really should do away with preseason and even pre-conference rankings in college hoops and football. They are blind rankings and they have too much influence across the entire season.

Duke, what if? They looked to be playing pretty well at the end of the season. But for the sudden Covid induced end to their season and assuming that they would have been selected how might they be doing in the tournament? Would SU even be in the tournament?

Madness.

Anyway, now I am heading out for some street meat while I ponder the incubation period for Covid vis-a-vis the VCU basketball team. I sometimes have a difficult time pulling myself away form the TNT crew even while great games are being played.

Go Cuse!

1616439044730.png

The PAC 12 has done poorly in the tournament for the past 40 years, except for an occasional run by Arizona. I always pick against them so my bracket is shredded this year. And except for UCLA vs MSU none of their games have been close. It must be a COVID thing.

I love watching that UCLA team. Their 3 guard set of Campbell, Jaquez, and Juzang is really fun to watch. All versatile players that can handle, score, and pass.

I love watching that UCLA team. Their 3 guard set of Campbell, Jaquez, and Juzang is really fun to watch. All versatile players that can handle, score, and pass.
It sure looks like Calipari whiffed on Juzang.

USC beat Drake by 16
UCLA beat BYU by 11

This is a crude count, and I saw something like this on Twitter, but I think there are only eight schools left that reside east of the Mississippi and only 3-4 that are truly eastern schools: SU, FSU, Nova, Maryland. Again, don't hold me to this count, but the theme is what is relevant.

So was SC's zone that good or did Kansas just suck... and a follow-up: whose zone is better SC's or ours?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom