PAC12 Champ (Utah vs Wash) | Syracusefan.com

PAC12 Champ (Utah vs Wash)

Big turnout <eye roll> Why do conf insist on playing these offsite?

A major part of the problem is the conference championships are almost totally meaningless to the playoff. I think every conference except the SEC has attendance issues as a result.

I’m doubtful shifting to the home stadium of the higher ranked team fixes that issue.

A major part of the problem is the conference championships are almost totally meaningless to the playoff.

What makes you say that? This year four out of the five conference champ games directly impact the playoff field. The only one that doesn’t is the PAC-12.

What makes you say that? This year four out of the five conference champ games directly impact the playoff field. The only one that doesn’t is the PAC-12.

Yea, i get it, but 3 out of 5 games are a waste of time. I mean, what is texas playing for tomorrow? Zero chance for the playoff and the loser of the game will fall into a big bowl $$$. Texas already beat OU, game is so anticlimactic Clemson and pitt from a national perspective stinks. A 7-5 team and a 27 pt spread in a "championship game ". Same with OSU and NW. if OU rolls early, what juice or motivation will OSU have? Yes, ZERO .

Pitt, Texas, and Northwestern can’t play themselves into a playoff. If I’m a fan of one of those teams, I’m saving my money for a bowl trip if I really want to see another game live.

Alabama can’t play themselves out of the playoff, so I’d save my money for the playoff games.

“Relevant” would require it matters to both teams, which applies to exactly no conference championship game this year.

Big turnout <eye roll> Why do conf insist on playing these offsite?
Those watching the game, please note the play of Utah safety Marquise Blair. He was verbaled to Syracuse but had to go to JUCO when he didn’t qualify. He wears #13. I think he verbaled to Shafer. Dino tried to get him when he graduated from JUCO but it didn’t happen.

What a shame.

Last edited:
Pitt, Texas, and Northwestern can’t play themselves into a playoff. If I’m a fan of one of those teams, I’m saving my money for a bowl trip if I really want to see another game live.

Alabama can’t play themselves out of the playoff, so I’d save my money for the playoff games.

“Relevant” would require it matters to both teams, which applies to exactly no conference championship game this year.

100%. And by the committee putting OU in front of OSU, alot of juice lifted. Clemson is a 27 pt fav, and hey, if OU wins impressively pre OSU and NW; does OSU even have any reason to play? Yea, i get it. Rose bowl. Now if OU barely slides by or loses, OSU will woodshed NW.

And just as I read this thread Blair comes from deep to make a huge tackle on the Washington RB.

Announcers now talking him up!

PAC-12 Football - not a fun watch (uggh - didn't this conference used to be at least entertaining?)

good thing they put this mess on a Friday night or no one would tune in.

PAC-12 Football - not a fun watch (uggh - didn't this conference used to be at least entertaining?)

good thing they put this mess on a Friday night or no one would tune in.

I think its been a decent watch. But maybe thats because its friday and nothing else is on.

You think either of these teams would have loved to have Dungey, right in their backyard? Both of these quarterbacks are garbage

GREAT point. All of the p12 blew off ED.

In the most unsurprising turn of events, referees completely tarnish the ending of the game.

I’m at a bar with some friends and they have 10 TVs with NBA... 1 with the PAC XII Championship Game and nobody except me, apparently, was watching it.

That game just about sums up the PAC XII nowadays.
I used to love the Pac 10. Now I'm completely bored with the conference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom