Paris Bennett and Zaire Franklin | Syracusefan.com

Paris Bennett and Zaire Franklin

VaSaltine

Starter
Why is nobody talking about our linebackers? With 89 total tackles Paris is 3rd in the ACC and 13th nationally with 9.9/game . With 82 total tackles Zaire is 5th in the ACC and 31st nationally with 9.1/game.

Are the performances of these two guys a result of the Tampa 2 system or are they both just really, really good?

Why is nobody talking about our linebackers? With 89 total tackles Paris is 3rd in the ACC and 13th nationally with 9.9/game . With 82 total tackles Zaire is 5th in the ACC and 31st nationally with 9.1/game.

Are the performances of these two guys a result of the Tampa 2 system or are they both just really, really good?
They're both great.

If there were 2 guys on Defense that looked like they belonged on the field with Clemson yesterday, it was them. Not saying no one else did, but no else jumped out to me. They are excellent.

Agree. We missed a ton of tackles, but don't think he was a culprit
Daivon Ellison played a great game and was in on a lot of tackles. I know he doesn't have the size but hits like a truck and is a sure tackler

I think our defensive backfield has improved greatly during the course of the season.

The numbers Saturday were surely not good, but they were victimized by very accurate passers throwing to talented and uber-athletic receivers. (The lack of pass rush didn't help.)

Our DB's were in the right position most of the day, as opposed to, for example, the LVille and ND games, when they weren't even in the frame on more than a few occasions.

The tackling is still lacking, but another year of experience and improved strength should help. As would the extra bowl game practices.

And yes, our two tackling-machine LB's have been showing well.