pasqualoni fired. gerg hired. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

pasqualoni fired. gerg hired.

Didn't deserve to be fired?

He lost lost to Towson and Buffalo.

The program is in shambles, seems like this is one of the rare cases where an in-season firing is not just justified, but necessary.

Its still September. UCOnn is not USC.

You have got to be kidding me. Don't let reality get in the way of your undying love for Pasquadeleone. Scooch said it best. "He never, ever, shoudl have been hired in the first place." I can only think of 2 other hirings just as bad...Kiffin at USC and Schiano at Tampa. Two down one to go?

I have always liked and respected Coach P. But this is not a case of "undying love." It is not yet October 1. IMHO college coaches should not be fired four games in.

one of these statements is true

holy de ja vu over on the Boneyard complete with infighting (good coach, bad coach, D sucks, Pauls a good man). How ridiculously predictable was this which is what I think we did a few years ago). The fact that I just read over there that the football players we're seen high fiving each other at the news says all that needs to be said. When that happens they play with no emotion...and you lose to Towson and UB.

Hopefully this will be a done and buried topic now.....

Last edited:
Didn't deservdevelops fired?

He lost lost to Towson and Buffalo.

The program is in shambles, seems like this is one of the rare cases where an in-season firing is not just justified, but necessary.

Pasqualoni's undoing once again was his inability to develope a QB.

The curse of Mike Vick continues.

UConn is idle on Saturday. Better to fire him now and give the interim coach a chance to get settled and maybe change the culture. They have 12 days to prepare to play USF, which is a winnable game, even for UConn.

Its still September. UCOnn is not USC.

Yeah, I'm usually against mid-season firings. But they lost to Towson and Buffalo. I imagine their recruiting already sucks, so it doesn't help to have a dead coach walking for 2 months. It's not like CT is a hotbed of college football to begin with, and living here I can tell you that interest in the program is lower than at any time during our 4 years in the wilderness under Gump. The program is in total shambles. This case screams for an in-season change.

i wonder if edsall is enough of a d!ckhead to do a happy dance

footlooseu.jpg

edsallsimmons.jpg

I have always liked and respected Coach P. But this is not a case of "undying love." It is not yet October 1. IMHO college coaches should not be fired four games in.
Towson - 18-33
Maryland - 21-32
Michigan - 21-24
Buffalo - 12-41

He was rightfully fired.

Pasqualoni's undoing once again was his inability to develope a QB.

The curse of Mike Vick continues.

UConn has significant holes all over the field though. Not sure I'd pin this on just QB development.

I know you're a Pasqualoni guy so I'm not trying to be confrontational. It was a bad spot for him and a bad decision by UConn to bring him in.

I honestly think objectively UConn is in HUGE trouble. Their TV contract will only pay them between 2 and 3 million dollars a season. The AAC signed a 7 yr 130 million dollar deal. Their basketball coach is making 1.25 million a year and their football program is in shambles. That leaves their AD very little money to be able to attract a new coach. The exit fee money will keep them in the ballpark for 2-3 years, but that is how long it will take to rebuild their football program. What type of coach is going to take that job when next year its a league of 5 non-BCS conference and their are better football programs in that conference.
houston nutt come on down!

It was a bad spot for him and a bad decision by UConn to bring him in.

Agreed it was a bad spot, but not sure if it was a bad decision at the time. UConn needed a stable influence, one with a reputation for discipline and no-nonsense. P brought that, brought recruiting good will and connection both in NY and NJ from his Syracuse days as well as his Connecticut roots. I figured at the time he was a place holder until someone more permanent- and exciting- could be found, but as he's the kind of guy most of us would want our sons to play for, I thought he'd be serviceable. Not flashy, probably not winning big, but able to compete with the Leftovers of the BE.

Hindsight says I was wrong, but given the circumstances of the time of his hiring, it was, to me, an understandable move.

I hate UCONN, but feel bad for P as this was clearly the right thing to do.

He is a football guy, so I suspect he will have a greater level of happiness working on the D side of the ball worrying about schemes, film, the Xs and the kids.

He did a lot for Cuse over an extended period of time and both parties should be honored for the mutual successes. Onward.

UConn has significant holes all over the field though. Not sure I'd pin this on just QB development.

I know you're a Pasqualoni guy so I'm not trying to be confrontational. It was a bad spot for him and a bad decision by UConn to bring him in.

when teams realized you could run the option, stretch the defense, and not throw the ball backwards, the athletic QBs he had success with almost by default had other choices.

i would love to know what his offensive numbers were out of the shotgun with mcnabb. i bet they were amazing - other schools took that, did it all game, and added the read option handoff wrinkle.

once the freeze option vanished, they didn't have an offensive identity.

Agreed it was a bad spot, but not sure if it was a bad decision at the time. UConn needed a stable influence, one with a reputation for discipline and no-nonsense. P brought that, brought recruiting good will and connection both in NY and NJ from his Syracuse days as well as his Connecticut roots. I figured at the time he was a place holder until someone more permanent- and exciting- could be found, but as he's the kind of guy most of us would want our sons to play for, I thought he'd be serviceable. Not flashy, probably not winning big, but able to compete with the Leftovers of the BE.

Hindsight says I was wrong, but given the circumstances of the time of his hiring, it was, to me, an understandable move.

I agree with this 100%. Sums up my view perfectly.

i wonder if edsall is enough of a d!ckhead to do a happy dance

footlooseu.jpg

edsallsimmons.jpg

Edsall will probably be at an SU function on November 1 ... when his wife is being honored as an SU Letter Winner of Distinction. MD does not have a game that weekend, so it would possible for him to attend. Oddly, we are playing at MD the following weekend.

Edsall will probably be at an SU function on November 1 ... when his wife is being honored as an SU Letter Winner of Distinction. MD does not have a game that weekend, so it would possible for him to attend. Oddly, we are playing at MD the following weekend.

I hope he is. Edsall is still an SU guy in my book. My only negative feelings toward HCRE are due to the success he had at UConn. But then that was his job.

Watch for the rumors on November 2nd that Edsall was in town to talk to Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine a MAC coach (or the like) wanting to move there. I mean nowadays that would be a lateral move if not downward. I would imagine they would have to get a retread waving $$ in their eyes?

please tell me there will be a dance floor. you will need to record any dances on your smartphone. if you don't have a smartphone, one will be provided to you.

I'm sure UConn will interview Rob Ambrose, the Towson head coach and former UConn assistant.

We didn't before. He really wanted to come to Syracuse, came to camp and we passed.

Their class is not a strong one. We might have interest in Wright, an OL at Milford, or maybe McAllister or Newsome, a couple of decent RB prospects from Connecticut.

the kid you liked Fuchs - the CTK tight end is also at Milford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom