Past two hires | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Past two hires

GoSU96 said:
Kelly had no history as a D-1 recruiter. When Marrone was at GT and then the SEC he was seen as an excellent recruiter in the region. As for the terrible recruiter stuff, they were starting from scratch in the BE, bottom of the barrel facilities, with a four year history of being terrible.

And a coach who didn't like to recruit.

It will be interesting to look back in 4 years and compare the career numbers of players brought in by "lousy recruiter Marrone" and "great recruiter Shafer".

Full_Rebar said:
It will be interesting to look back in 4 years and compare the career numbers of players brought in by "lousy recruiter Marrone" and "great recruiter Shafer".

But Dungey will pass Hunt rather quickly. I don't think for that particular position it will be that close.

CusefanATL said:
iirc, For the Marrone hire Rob Konrad got a bunch of people to back Addazio.

Yes, remember that too.

Jack_Ball said:
Didn't daddy tell Skippy not to take the Cuse job? Or am I losing my mind? It's possible it could be both as I'm currently awaiting results from my doctor

Don't recall that. Only remember Gross having dinner with him with offer on the table and after thinking it would be accepted, it wasn't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom