Penalties that hurt | Syracusefan.com

Penalties that hurt

upperdeck

Living Legend
early drive clemson 3 and 15 we jump they complete a 12 yd pass. they go on to score. our early drive we complete 3 passes for 12 yds but a false start kills the drive. same for the 3rd quarter trying to come back. we took about 5 bad penalties, mistakes you cant make against a team like this.

early drive clemson 3 and 15 we jump they complete a 12 yd pass. they go on to score. our early drive we complete 3 passes for 12 yds but a false start kills the drive. same for the 3rd quarter trying to come back. we took about 5 bad penalties, mistakes you cant make against a team like this.

The transitive property doesn't apply, and we don't know if exactly the same pass would have been completed if we hadn't jumped offsides. But you are right: we had them third and 15, and gave them back five yards. Then they complete the 12 yard pass for the first, whereas it might have come up short without the penalty.

Costly error. There were multiple penalties all game that hurt us or stalled momentum. Disappointing to see.

I thought the numerous false starts on our OL were killers.

I saw Clemson jump twice on a series when they had their best run and neither was called and they later scored a TD. A guard pulled early for them and made a key block for that run. I agree our guys jumped and it hurt but it's funny how this works sometimes. I'm not blaming the refs, we lost and they had little to do with it but these types of breaks really can hurt.

Coach went after the ref that missed the call on the punt block. he followed him down the field 30 yds and the ref finally started yelling back at him.. 30 min later they were back yelling at each other after another call..

Was also surprised the head ref didnt call roughing on the one DL who picked up our RB took him back 10 yds and then piled drived him.. he reached for the flag then didnt pull it..

did they show a replay of the early drive where it looked like a pass bounced to the clemson WR the crowd went crazy but no review, then they reviewed both SU pass back plays one of which was never in doubt.

Plus that upperdeck, why wasn't that interception that the Clemson kid dove for shown on the big screen? They showed the feakon cheerleaders/dance team or whatever the hell it was and then an Aspen Dental commercial.

and the desir pick review was about 1/2 second before the snap. i originally thought he was OOB but that call almost went unchallenged. we had 5 penalties for 40 yds in the first half. pure drive killers. clemson zero.
we're simply not good enuf at this point to go 15 yds for a 1st while the opponent only has to go 5.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom