People in this town are flipping idiots | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

People in this town are flipping idiots

As a Syracuse native, I feel as though I can say this - Such commentary is what plagues Syracuse. Everything sucks and anything that comes along that could make things better also sucks and why can't everything be like it used to be and why can't everything stay the same and everything sucks.
Couldn't agree more with you. Grew up in the area. Moved away at age 18. Still have many friends who still live there. Great guys but complete bummer attitudes.

P. Edward White's Greatest Hits:

Syracuse basketball fans react to self-imposed ban on postseason play (Your letters)

"Well, Syracuse University has done it again, visiting the sins of the past on the students of the present. Everyone I've spoken with has nothing but sympathy for the current players while condemning the administration's actions of a self-imposed penalty of no postseason play. My suggestion is that the fans show their displeasure by boycotting all future home games. I doubt if the players will care but it will hurt SU where they live: in the pocketbook. It will also show that we are united in our displeasure over their selfish decision. To the players: Thanks for another exciting season. To Rak: See you next year in the pros."

Readers weigh in on beautification of Erie Boulevard (Your letters)

"And don't get me started on the "Mistake by the Lake" a/k/a the amphitheater. Fifty plus million dollars on a place which will be used sparingly at best, assuming enough quality acts can be booked. There are only so many acts around and a number of outdoor venues in the upstate area competing for them."

Suggestions for improving the Syracuse Chiefs fan experience: Your letters

"I'm just an old guy whose mind is starting to go and whose synapses don't always fire in the proper sequence..."

This dude is gold, pure gold, I tell you!

Although you missed my favorite!

IMG_2755.PNG

TypingTroll.gif

Best part of all this.. He wrote an editorial for the local newletter that they call the Post Standard. With Twitter and Blogs, this guy should be writing for himself and trying to cash in.

He's trolling the 8-10 people who still read that paper and himself. Ha!

On our second visit to the dome, USF game, this year we where introduced to our "lovely" seat neighbors. Pregame we spread out a bit so we where not jammed in with the others around us because no one was next to us at the time. Guy behind "We have people coming, we paid for those seats" they second guessed every play, usually with "Run the damn ball", they typically where busy talking to each other and where heard to say "what the hell happened" "why are we going so fast" "this game is garbage why did I pay $125". They where so bad that pacusewife decided she no longer wanted to move to Syracuse lol. Other then that most other locals we have talked to while on our trips to the dome where clueless that a football game was going on, which to me is odd.

On our second visit to the dome, USF game, this year we where introduced to our "lovely" seat neighbors. Pregame we spread out a bit so we where not jammed in with the others around us because no one was next to us at the time. Guy behind "We have people coming, we paid for those seats" they second guessed every play, usually with "Run the damn ball", they typically where busy talking to each other and where heard to say "what the hell happened" "why are we going so fast" "this game is garbage why did I pay $125". They where so bad that pacusewife decided she no longer wanted to move to Syracuse lol. Other then that most other locals we have talked to while on our trips to the dome where clueless that a football game was going on, which to me is odd.
Lol are you in my section, 250? My 3 yr old sat on wrong side of aisle on a padded seat, and these Uber snooty older couples looked and said to me in such a douche tone " uh excuse us but you need to move, we paid for these seats" and rolled their eyes ... Then during the game kept looking over at us with these judgmental eyes. They spent more time on their phones than watching the game.

Meanwhile there is a small group of older gentlemen directly behind us who are very active in the game and very knowledgeable which more than makes up for the rude neighbors to the left.

Some things never change.

Lol are you in my section, 250? My 3 yr old sat on wrong side of aisle on a padded seat, and these Uber snooty older couples looked and said to me in such a douche tone " uh excuse us but you need to move, we paid for these seats" and rolled their eyes ... Then during the game kept looking over at us with these judgmental eyes. They spent more time on their phones than watching the game.

Meanwhile there is a small group of older gentlemen directly behind us who are very active in the game and very knowledgeable which more than makes up for the rude neighbors to the left.

Some things never change.
Section 328, they where the first group of people that where odd lol.

I don't have this problem because I don't hang with negative people - as I'm getting older I'm getting way more positive. The Spouse and I don't listen or react anymore to negativity because negative people need others to complain to. Even today a co worker complained about the snow this AM and I responded, "we had a great summer" and she turned with a big smile and said, "yes we did".

Mr. White is right that Coach Pasqualoni was a great HC at Syracuse University and should not have been fired - that's true.

And he may be right that the Orange will have a tough time winning another game or two this year.

But his negativity over what Coach Babers is building on the Hill is dead wrong.

Syracuse Football's trajectory is on the rise and it is going to be a lot of fun in he Dome very soon.

I don't have this problem because I don't hang with negative people - as I'm getting older I'm getting way more positive. The Spouse and I don't listen or react anymore to negativity because negative people need others to complain to. Even today a co worker complained about the snow this AM and I responded, "we had a great summer" and she turned with a big smile and said, "yes we did".
You my friend should change that grumpy cat avatar then ;)

It doesn't even come close to comparing to the negativity of upstate NY.
What's funny is that I don't see the level of pessimism in the western part of the state as compared to the CNY/Syracuse area.

I judge individuals as opposed to groups anyway but I always found that strange.

What's funny is that I don't see the level of pessimism in the western part of the state as compared to the CNY/Syracuse area.

I judge individuals as opposed to groups anyway but I always found that strange.

As someone who has lived in Buffalo for over a year now, I completely agree. The level of civic pride and enthusiasm in Western New York is light years ahead of Central New York. I get the reasoning for being downtrodden, but wallowing in your own pool of self-hatred does nothing but further perpetuate the problem.

As someone who has lived in Buffalo for over a year now, I completely agree. The level of civic pride and enthusiasm in Western New York is light years ahead of Central New York. I get the reasoning for being downtrodden, but wallowing in your own pool of self-hatred does nothing but further perpetuate the problem.

Just don't ever call soda, "pop" - and you're welcome back anytime ;)

Trying to adopt the same attitude, chakka.

Unfortunately one cannot always avoid the negativity and sometimes downright AWFULNESS of people.

Fascinating.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom