people over look one thing | Syracusefan.com

people over look one thing

upperdeck

Living Legend
Vill was in this game because they had one kid who played at an elite level all game long.. they didnt block anyone but the kid made play after play. as coach said in the PC how many yards did he make out of nothing. we may see many QBs who can make plays throwing the ball, but we wont face 1-2 who will make that many plays out of nothing. for all that the D allowed 10 pts and had a poor effort.. this was all on the offense that the game turned out so close.

Vill was in this game because they had one kid who played at an elite level all game long.. they didnt block anyone but the kid made play after play. as coach said in the PC how many yards did he make out of nothing. we may see many QBs who can make plays throwing the ball, but we wont face 1-2 who will make that many plays out of nothing. for all that the D allowed 10 pts and had a poor effort.. this was all on the offense that the game turned out so close.
The OL was the most disappointing aspect for me.

The D only gave up 17 points in regulation, 7 of which were on ST. That's about what we all predicted. However, I think we did a lousy job containing Robertson, especially on the outside rush. But we did a better job containing Livers in the 2nd half.

That goes both ways - one player. You would think that we could have done a far better job containing one player - and it is not as if we didn't know about him or have hours of tape on him. Our D game plan played right into Nova's hands. Sorry, but it is Bullough's job to prepare properly and he didn't - just like GTU.

I find it hard to believe that Nova's QB will be the 2nd best one SU faces all year. The fact that they couldn't contain him when he was the only weapon was frustrating.

A lot of work to do to get to a bowl game.

That being said, I think Nova was way better than anyone thought and I think SU took them lightly. Their own coach said that their performance last night was the best he had see in his entire coaching tenure over 20 years.

Quite frankly it was one of SU's worst performances in the last 5-6 years.

Games like this happen when one team plays the game of their lives and the other "better" team takes them lightly and is over confident.

A win is a win.

[age old question..]
which came first..the heisman QB or the D that made him look like one.

I find it hard to believe that Nova's QB will be the 2nd best one SU faces all year. The fact that they couldn't contain him when he was the only weapon was frustrating.
Yeah that's just silly talk. Golson and Winston are light years better than Robertson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom