Per Donna about Tyus | Page 44 | Syracusefan.com

Per Donna about Tyus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I spoke to an assistant coach in NJ very recently who knows the Battles very well. He told me he heard Tyus was planning to come back to school. I didn’t want to post it because of the current climate on this board that rips people when things don’t go a certain way. Anyway, this coach is very plugged in. I don’t know what it means now. Maybe the thinking has changed, maybe not.

I thought an interesting thing in Donna’s story is that draft position doesn’t matter to Tyus, just whether or not he wants to come back to SU or play pro ball this year. Why get feedback if that’s the case? I don’t know. Seems like he might have one foot out the door.

When was the last time one of our guys tested the waters and didn't go? Derrick Coleman?

This is a good point.

Still, cant be too unhappy with the kid, he continues to be very deliberate

I'm happy for him. Great kid. Excellent ambassador for the 'Cuse. He obviously really enjoyed college and was torn. How he's in the draft to see how things go. He may get a promise and jump, who knows. But BOL to the young man. It's been fun watching him play. If the draft doesn't work out we'll welcome him back with open arms. But I'm not going to stress about it or count on it. We have other players and we'll be fine.

I spoke to an assistant coach in NJ very recently who knows the Battles very well. He told me he heard Tyus was planning to come back to school. I didn’t want to post it because of the current climate on this board that rips people when things don’t go a certain way. Anyway, this coach is very plugged in. I don’t know what it means now. Maybe the thinking has changed, maybe not.

I thought an interesting thing in Donna’s story is that draft position doesn’t matter to Tyus, just whether or not he wants to come back to SU or play pro ball this year. Why get feedback if that’s the case? I don’t know. Seems like he might have one foot out the door.

Call me naive but if I was planning on coming back, Id love NBA scouts to tell me exactly what I had to do next year in college to move up the draft board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom