Percentage chance of us getting in | Syracusefan.com

Percentage chance of us getting in

Somewhere between 2% and 50%

It will be much easier to make an estimate in 24 hours.

th

Right now I go with 40%. I think it can go as high as 50% or as low as 20% depending on how things break between now and Sunday. I won't go lower than 20% cuz we just don't know if the boeheim suspension will be a factor. I assume by Sunday we'll be in "last 4 out" on most bracketologists, and those guys aren't factoring in the suspension. But if the committee factors that in wouldn't that be enough to jump us to 1 of the last teams in? If it's between us and 2 other teams for the last spot maybe they say "Syracuse was 8-6 in acc with boeheim, they won at duke and Texas a&m neutral with boeheim, and their 3 worst losses were without boeheim, they're in".

The suspension is the X factor

Right now I go with 40%. I think it can go as high as 50% or as low as 20% depending on how things break between now and Sunday. I won't go lower than 20% cuz we just don't know if the boeheim suspension will be a factor. I assume by Sunday we'll be in "last 4 out" on most bracketologists, and those guys aren't factoring in the suspension. But if the committee factors that in wouldn't that be enough to jump us to 1 of the last teams in? If it's between us and 2 other teams for the last spot maybe they say "Syracuse was 8-6 in acc with boeheim, they won at duke and Texas a&m neutral with boeheim, and their 3 worst losses were without boeheim, they're in".

The suspension is the X factor

Thats what I was thinking, if we get in because of the suspension, we could all send the Ncaa a fruit basket, half kidding of course.

I have actually upped mine to 25-30%

If uconn, tulsa, florida, ohio st and michigan all lose today (the AAC games are key) then i think we MAY and i stress MAY have a punchers chance on sunday

The negative Nancys don't get we have a better chance than most think.

Go Indiana, Cincinnati, Davidson, Michigan State, Texas A&M, Memphis.

I have actually upped mine to 25-30%

If uconn, tulsa, florida, ohio st and michigan all lose today (the AAC games are key) then i think we MAY and i stress MAY have a punchers chance on sunday

There's a 25-30% chance you (and your wife, presumably) will be having a rough sunday night.

10%. THere is a chance, but it is a long shot.

It's quite inspiring to look at some of the names in this thread and others who are suddenly bullish on SU's chances of getting a bid.

I said 10% after the game Wednesday (this is of course based on nothing) so I'll stick with that

It's quite inspiring to look at some of the names in this thread and others who are suddenly bullish on SU's chances of getting a bid.

I agree. I think this just goes to show how much of a crapshoot it is during championship week as teams' fates can literally swing back and forth each day. To say definitively on Wednesday that we were out after losing to Pitt was extremely premature, IMO, especially when leading up the game all the pundits were also saying that a loss, while detrimental, wouldn't knock SU out of the running completely.

Now as the rest of the week plays out, we see just how crappy the other bubble teams are, thus making us look a little better.

any of them on the committee?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom