Perrantes, Brogdon, Gill, Tobey | Syracusefan.com

Perrantes, Brogdon, Gill, Tobey

Caboose

Scout Team
Perrantes burned us in January, and Brogdon seems to have our number every time we face him. I have faith in the coaching staff and our amped up perimeter defense that we will step out and prevent the constant dagger threes from those two. Brogdon went for 21, and Gill/Perrantes had 16 each. Perrantes' 4 threes were the difference IMO. We made a conscious effort to shut down Wiltjer last night and for the most part it worked beyond the arc after we made our adjustments to him. Hoping we focus on Brogdon and Perrantes w the same tenacity.

UV out rebounded Iowa St 33-24. Iowa St front line is 6'9", 6'8", and 6'6". Very similar to our size up front. With the solid defensive efforts from our three bigs and recent uptick in play from them, we are not the same team UV faced in January. We can flip this team Sunday night. We were only out rebounded 33-29 by the Zags, and that's because 17 of them were by Sabonis. I realize the zone puts us out of position for boards, but when I consider all of the points I mentioned here I feel pretty good about our chances at finally knocking these guys off.

Last edited:
While UVA is a better team on paper overall, we have some aspects of the game we can use to our advantage. While their bigs are strong, they aren't classic shot-blockers. Our guards are a bit bigger and stronger overall, so we should be able to continue to slash to the basket. Coleman needs to stay in the game and not let Tobey have a 20 point game. UVA is good, but they barely beat us on their home floor.

LGO !!!

We have become terrorizing demonic possessed maniacs on defense! Did you see the interview with Roberson where it still looked like fire was coming out of his eyes? I think he is beginning to get it! Virginia is a fantastic team and it will be hard to beat them. But we have that intangible je ne sais quoi warrior defense, so we definitely have a chance!

Besides, the angels are on our side.

Perrantes burned us in January, and Brogdon seems to have our number every time we face him. I have faith in the coaching staff and our amped up perimeter defense that we will step out and prevent the constant dagger threes from those two. Brogdon went for 21, and Gill/Perrantes had 16 each. Perrantes' 4 threes were the difference IMO. We made a conscious effort to shut down Wiltjer last night and for the most part it worked beyond the arc after we made our adjustments to him. Hoping we focus on Brogdon and Perrantes w the same tenacity.

UV out rebounded Iowa St 33-24. Iowa St front line is 6'9", 6'8", and 6'6". Very similar to our size up front. With the solid defensive efforts from our three bigs and recent uptick in play from them, we are not the same team UV faced in January. We can flip this team Sunday night. We were only out rebounded 33-29 by the Zags, and that's because 17 of them were by Sabonis. I realize the zone puts us out of position for boards, but when I consider all of the points I mentioned here I feel pretty good about our chances at finally knocking these guys off.
Iowa State is also weak. Roberson has more energy and toughness than their entire frontline combined.

Iowa State is also weak. Roberson has more energy and toughness than their entire frontline combined.
True, i like what you say here. Could coleman be an x factor of sorts? I think we know to an extent the effort we will get from TRob. Coleman could really determine a lot of things for us.

We have become terrorizing demonic possessed maniacs on defense! Did you see the interview with Roberson where it still looked like fire was coming out of his eyes? I think he is beginning to get it! Virginia is a fantastic team and it will be hard to beat them. But we have that intangible je ne sais quoi warrior defense, so we definitely have a chance!

Besides, the angels are on our side.
You know you're doing things right when the opposing coach in 2 straight games mentions you by name and you're barely scoring. Roberson is cleaning up the glass on both sides -- he's an absolute beast. I hope he has 3 more games in him!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom