Perry Mason? | Syracusefan.com

Perry Mason?

Anyone catch episode 1.

very dark gritty feel of 1930s LA..

I thought it was well done, lets see where it goes. Got great ratings I saw.
Dark and gritty may not even be strong enough. Watched it last night and will definitely watch again.

Anyone catch episode 1.

very dark gritty feel of 1930s LA..

I thought it was well done, lets see where it goes. Got great ratings I saw.
I must be out of circulation. What platform is it on?

It was fine. I just don’t understand the point of having it be Perry Mason. There’s no reason why this couldn’t just be a Detective show without the baggage of a character that is kind of lame.

I’ll keep watching, but I doubt I’ll pay attention.

It was fine. I just don’t understand the point of having it be Perry Mason. There’s no reason why this couldn’t just be a Detective show without the baggage of a character that is kind of lame.

Marketing

isnt it also based on the char from the books which pre-dated the tv show and the movies and were from the 30s.

Perry Mason books are the number 3 all time series behind Potter and Goosebumps.

Perry mason the tv show was a lawyer show, this show is about him before he became the lawyer.

Last edited:

Honestly as a reader, it is the reason that I looked forward to it so much. If the name of the show was Bill Jones, I might have watched. I watched 3 episodes of Hightown. That was enough. Perry mason looks good

Im watching Hightown just because I tend to try and finish shows I start and make past show 1.. Like Snowpiercer..

my thoughts exactly. i can't believe the name "perry mason" retains enough cultural resonance in 2020 to make it worthwhile

So if they had called it john smith do you think they get the same huge ratings they got?

It has been on the back burner for awhile , a project that Morton Downey Jr really wanted to be in but had scheduling issues

It has a big book following and a big tv show following that ran for 12 yrs and a radio show that also played for 12 yrs and then it had 30 tv movies made from 85-95 that got huge ratings

anybody over 40 would likely know the name pretty well.. anyone over 50 probably grew up watching or avoiding the reruns and the movies since they were on all the time.

its the number 3 book series of all time so this is the 5th iteration of the char into the public, not many chars have done that,

The church stuff drives me a bit crazy but it's about the only active show going on that I try to watch the night it comes out.

Why did they use Perry Mason name for this franchise and dump the best part of the old Perry Mason show which was the theme song.

Also Perry should be a damn esquire.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom