Pete Thamel | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

So looking a little bit at these three guys Candle is the best option as he has been a successful D1 coach but doesn't have any NE ties so that will be difficult to succeed like Babers. (Funny he is probably best on paper and has the least posts about him)

These are all uninspiring but I guess it is the best we can do. We are either going to roll the dice on a recruiter with no HC experience or real coordinator experience or a Patriot League coach who has never recruited at this level. Both are so out there we will just need some luck either way we pick.

I do expect if Chesney is picked our offense and defense personnel will look a ton different as they will all be in the portal (just a guess no info)

Wildhack said HC experience or P5 coordinator. Brown had DC experience at Temple I believe.
I was speaking specifically to Chesney. I know nothing about Brown.

U want to put the chancellor on the line for a football coach hire? Sveryud seems to be a sharp guy who is fixing a lot of wrongs
For me, in general, no. However, if the structure does not allow the AD to hire who he wants, (if in fact that is the case) and the ultimate hires crash, then additional heads should be on the chopping block.

Spoke to the mother of one of our players. She is concerned about Chesney. Would rather have Nunzio over Chesney. At least Nunzio has experience coaching at our level with Rutgers and our one game. He really brought the players together this week from a difficult place.
I think it’s highly unlikely the new coach, whoever he is, will actively coach the bowl game. The players will have until spring practice to make their assessment.

I can't remember which poster but I think they got it exactly right. If Brown nailed the interview then it's him. You know Chesney nailed the interview.

Wildhack said HC experience or P5 coordinator. Brown had DC experience at Temple I believe.
That doesn't qualify. Temple not P5.

Edit: just saw the AHC at Baylor position he had. That's fine.

Spoke to the mother of one of our players. She is concerned about Chesney. Would rather have Nunzio over Chesney. At least Nunzio has experience coaching at our level with Rutgers and our one game. He really brought the players together this week from a difficult place.

So they want a guy who had a 1-7 record when he was the HC at Rutgers?

For me, in general, no. However, if the structure does not allow the AD to hire who he wants, (if in fact that is the case) and the ultimate hires crash, then additional heads should be on the chopping block.
Unfortunately, the AD is usually the fall guy even though he might have his hands tied behind his back. We’ll see how this all plays out but we have to think positive here that we will be more successful going forward than we have been. We just need to win.

Unfortunately, the AD is usually the fall guy even though he might have his hands tied behind his back. We’ll see how this all plays out but we have to think positive here that we will be more successful going forward than we have been. We just need to win.
Did he use a search firm for his list? Just curious

Even us super fans don’t really have a clue who “Fran Brown” is lol.

Do we give prospective coaches tests to determine when they punt, kick, call a timeout, and go for it on fourth down?

I'm actually starting to dig this. For the folks that are worried about Georgia and Cuse being totally different scenarios, it looks like he also did pretty well at Temple. No idea how he is in-game, but he has great connections, coordinator experience, and muchos gravitas on the recruiting side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom