Pete Thamel | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Pete Thamel

If the last couple years taught me anything , it’s not react too much to every portal entry. People will leave and people will come in.
I’m still trying to learn that, certain departures tend to make me panicky.

Man, so many posters here complain constantly. Not happy with Dino needs to be fired! Ok done. Not happy that Mullens wanting no part of Syracuse so need to dump on all the other candidates. Ok done. Now lets complain about how Syracuse is going to be left behind because SU is not investing in whom you believe should be hired and how the new coach will be a total bust before even getting to campus.
IMO, you're all living with a big black cloud over you head with nothing but a doom and gloom outlook on life.
It's cool to have an opinion but to indicate that any other hire not matching yours is a failure just reeks of narcissism.
I would throw in petulance as well.

We may have been talking about Babers as a replacement before we fired Shafer. I think it gets misremembered because of the distraction over the shiny object that was Scott Frost followed by the meltdown over the Chris Ash hire
That never was.

I still wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone completely from left field. Marrone and babers were pretty quick and surprising from the original list of candidates right? I was around the board for the babers hire but still a young pup for marrone.
I'll probably get laughed off the board but I wouldn't be suprised if it was Marrone. He's got more of the qualifications JW laid out last week then anyone else. And for the conspiracy theroists out there, there was that private jet from cuse to Atl and the Saints did play the Falcons yesterday.

You believe that the Board of Directors and the President of the University should lose their jobs based on the selection of a FOOTBALL COACH? One of the most detached-from-reality things I've ever read on this board.
That is an SEC point of view if I ever read one.

I'll probably get laughed off the board but I wouldn't be suprised if it was Marrone. He's got more of the qualifications JW laid out last week than anyone else. And for the conspiracy theroists out there, there was that private jet from cuse to Atl and the Saints did play the Falcons yesterday.
I really don’t like him for the way he handled his departure from us. I could see a path to me forgiving him though. That’s only if he was able to finally squash the dumb penalties. He is another one not so great on playing disciplined.

I think SU focused in on Babers fairly quickly after Shafer was let go in late November. I can recall watching the MAC championship game on December 1or 2 knowing he was the lead candidate.

Did you miss the Chris ash thread during that time period?

I'll probably get laughed off the board but I wouldn't be suprised if it was Marrone. He's got more of the qualifications JW laid out last week then anyone else. And for the conspiracy theroists out there, there was that private jet from cuse to Atl and the Saints did play the Falcons yesterday.
I'd be okay with Marrone. You know he would assemble a crack staff, instill discipline, probably be more welcoming to alumni, and put an end to all of the strutting and preening that occurs as the team is getting its collective ass kicked on the scoreboard.

Man, so many posters here complain constantly. Not happy with Dino needs to be fired! Ok done. Not happy that Mullens wanting no part of Syracuse so need to dump on all the other candidates. Ok done. Now lets complain about how Syracuse is going to be left behind because SU is not investing in whom you believe should be hired and how the new coach will be a total bust before even getting to campus.
IMO, you're all living with a big black cloud over you head with nothing but a doom and gloom outlook on life.
It's cool to have an opinion but to indicate that any other hire not matching yours is a failure just reeks of narcissism.
We are missing the boat. I am available, bright, hungry, and have all the charm the job requires. Also, I know how to run both three and the Wing T.

Three finalists are Chesney, Brown and Crandle
I actually liked Chesney before the whole Mullen saga. Candle is okay too. But not sure how we ended up with this trifecta from some of the other names we thought were candidates.

Did you miss the Chris ash thread during that time period?
I could be wrong but I don’t recall any serious groundswell for Ash. With Dino it was a love fest.

This was…oddly specific
Well I could have said something like the self appendix removal in commercial, but i don’t want to compare journalists to surgeons. Furnace repair is a bit more humble.

One minor caution light with Chesney. I heard Holy Cross allows kids to stack aid which means they can get athletic scholarship AND financial aid if they qualify. I could be wrong but I believe Lafayette is the only other school in the Patriot League that allows that and they just started. They do that because the Patriot League only allows 63 athletic scholarships in football per team. The stacking policy allows a school to build a deeper roster which leads to a competitive advantage. It’s not illegal or anything like that. But it might explain a bit of his success in the league over the last few years because you can fully aid lets say 80 kids while a league foe only fully aids 63.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom