Peter Carey transferring to Siena | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey transferring to Siena

UCLA isn’t UCLA, Kentucky hasn’t been Kentucky, same with Louisville, Nova, Arizona, us etc. The list of consistent blue bloods right now is getting smaller and changing.
UCLA was in the Final Four two years ago. Nova has two titles in the last eight years. Tommy Lloyd has Arizona back among the best programs in the country.

I've been a Carey proponent, due to his elite athleticism. Figured it would take time for him to be able to show what he could do, given that his playing time was limited even his last two years of high school.

That said, I was very disappointed with his season this past year. I don't fault him for the injuries / concussion -- that's out of his control. But when he DID play, he failed to register much of an impact. And this was on a team that was desperate for depth / contributions from a reserve big.

He is such as stud athlete, despite being skinny I'm really surprised that he couldn't make a mark as a shot blocker, etc. But he seemed to struggle in all phases.

Given the above, I think it is a good decision to move on. I could see him carving out a bigger role and being a big contributor elsewhere, but probably for the best.
Elite athleticism? He can barely walk.

I just hope he hasn't screwed the pooch academically and CAN transfer. I don't think he's ready for a pro situation at any level just yet.
He’s in the portal, don’t you have to be eligible to enter? Who knows.

Yeah...see...this was a "done deal".
Sienna wanted Carey bad...they didn't care one way or the other about GMAC.
Carey said, "you want me, you gotta give GMAC the HC job".
That's why there was about 2-3 days of rumors BEFORE GMAC signed and then Carey jumped.
This portal thing...just when you think you've seen it all...:cool:

He’s in the portal, don’t you have to be eligible to enter? Who knows.
Even if he isn't going to class, I think he'd be eligible up until grades are due. I have several student athletes as advisees at another institution, and honestly I don't know for sure because it has never been an issue.

Yeah...see...this was a "done deal".
Sienna wanted Carey bad...they didn't care one way or the other about GMAC.
Carey said, "you want me, you gotta give GMAC the HC job".
That's why there was about 2-3 days of rumors BEFORE GMAC signed and then Carey jumped.
This portal thing...just when you think you've seen it all...:cool:
Nice to get the real back story for once.

I guess I don't know why he was ever here. I hope he crushes it with Gmac over there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom