Peter Carey transferring to Siena | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Peter Carey transferring to Siena

Yeah happy for him and GMac, but the fact that he drops to a school the level of Siena should be startling that he even got mins for us to anyone paying attention
No. Not at all. Often, there is a thin line. And in this case, he played because the big in front of him got hurt. Most teams don't have really good 3rd team centers.

No. Not at all. Often, there is a thin line.
Well we’ll agree to disagree.
After the portal shakes out, we can go through the ACC portals that got mins this year and see how many went down to a MAAC or lower conference. I can’t imagine many. But maybe I’m wrong

After the portal shakes out, we can go through the ACC portals that got mins this year and see how many went down to a MAAC or lower conference. I can’t imagine many. But maybe I’m wrong
I guess it's startling that we had 3 injured centers, so, yeah.

He saw the floor before they got hurt in the Maui.
LOL What was the score? I guess we do disagree because I don't think the kid is a stiff. As for dropping to Siena. How many players have had their coaches to to a league like that? Players sometimes follow coaches. They know they will be treated well. Or at least think they will.

A Quick Look shows last year Notre Dame had one player transfer to Howard and one player (who was a decent recruit Carmody) go to Mercer. I didn’t really look anywhere else but it does happen.

Cuse

LOL What was the score? I guess we do disagree because I don't think the kid is a stiff. As for dropping to Siena. How many players have had their coaches to to a league like that? Players sometimes follow coaches. They know they will be treated well. Or at least think they will.
The score was tied 18-18 in the 1st half. You really got me there.

Again, we’ll see post portal if you were correct

The score was tied 18-18 in the 1st half. You really got me there.

Again, we’ll see post portal if you were correct
?? correct about what? JFC the kid followed his coach. That is a big surprise?

?? correct about what? JFC the kid followed his coach. That is a big surprise?
If there are other ACC level players that play in the MAAC or lower. You can move the goalposts from the original post two3 made. I’m not going to.

Just in case you don’t remember the original post said “ I guess I don't know why he was ever here”. That’s what the subsequent post was referring to.

If there are other ACC level players that play in the MAAC or lower. You can move the goalposts from the original post two3 made. I’m not going to.

Just in case you don’t remember the original post said “ I guess I don't know why he was ever here”. That’s what the subsequent post was referring to.
So I decided to see how much he ever played before Naheen got hurt. You mentioned that he got in, in a 18 to 18 game in Hawaii. So, here are his numbers before Naheen got hurt.
6 min against New Hampshire
1 min against Tenn
4 min against Chaminade
1 min against LSU
all of the rest were DNP. It seemed you made it seem like he was playing before Naheem got hurt. He wasn't. And I would bet that there will be guys leaving ACC schools that didn't play anymore than Carey did here before Naheem got hurt that will be going to schools like Siena. You really think kids that don't play at schools like Pitt or N.C State or any other peer schools go to much better schools that Siena. Now throw in his coach just went to Siena. Thanks for having me waste my time looking up how little Carey played.

Last edited:
Best of luck to Peter very happy. He chose Siena to be with coach Gmac if he stays healthy he could put up some decent numbers and I along with thousands of other SU fans will rooting for Siena to establish a winning basketball program.

So I decided to see how much he ever played before Naheen got hurt. You mentioned that he got in, in a 18 to 18 game in Hawaii. So, here are his numbers before Naheen got hurt.
6 min against New Hampshire
1 min against Tenn
4 min against Chaminade
1 min against LSU
all of the rest were DNP. It seemed you made it seem like he was playing before Naheem got hurt. He wasn't. And I would bet that there will be guys leaving ACC schools that didn't play anymore than Carey did here before Naheem got hurt that will be going to schools like Siena. YTou really think kids that don't play at schools like Pitt or N.C State or any other peer schools go to much better schools that Siena. Now throw in his coach just went to Siena. Thanks for having me waste my time looking up how little Carey played.

All good. I consider playing mins to be playing. You don’t.

Think it’s worth mentioning you actually wanted to stay. I think your takes here are a little skewed based on a refusal to take an L.

All good. I consider playing mins to be playing. You don’t.

Think it’s worth mentioning you actually wanted to stay. I think your takes here are a little skewed based on a refusal to take an L.

He got in 4 games. For a few minutes. 6 was the most . Twice it was for 1 minute. If that was you. you wouldn't consider it playing. You led me to believe he was playing more than that. You should take the L. As for wanting him to stay, read what I said. I would have perferred that he stay because he is big. And if we had the spots open, I perfer big over small. You run out of bigs, you can't win. Refusal to take a L. Christ. You are not giving me a good impression of you. I proved he wasn't playing like you tried to infer that he was. Just let it go.

The kid was a developmental player. The raw athleticism is there. Just didn’t with the injuries.

losing carey is the least of our worries. in fact if you told me he'd be getting major minutes next season...bigger worry.

Not only is he going to kill it at Siena, he’s the type of player that high majors will come looking for in 2 years because he’ll be 22-23 and a solid piece.

These players used to stay at a school and blossom in year 3-4, they don’t need to sit anymore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom