Petrino's worst moment last night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Petrino's worst moment last night

When? He was livid in the 3rd at the FG kicker because he wanted to be up 17. In the 4th? They scored a bunch of garbage points.

You clearly don't comprehend the term "running up the score". Petrino inserted his backup QB with 8 minutes left. Had he left Jackson in the game, instead of 62 they could have scored 69, 76, 83 perhaps. But he removed Jackson and stopped trying to score. Do you now better understand this concept?

He's competing with Addazio to see which coach can spend the most time on the field of play during the game. Aren't there rules about things like that, or is it that the refs don't care?

He literally destroyed us and we are complaining about him yelling at a kicker for missing an extra point, what was he suppose to do?

Woodchuck said:
You clearly don't comprehend the term "running up the score". Petrino inserted his backup QB with 8 minutes left. Had he left Jackson in the game, instead of 62 they could have scored 69, 76, 83 perhaps. But he removed Jackson and stopped trying to score. Do you now better understand this concept?

He took him out so he wouldn't get hurt. That it looks like mercy is a side benefit that I doubt Petrino cares that much about.

He literally destroyed us and we are complaining about him yelling at a kicker for missing an extra point, what was he suppose to do?

Since this post keeps getting made, I'll say it again. Since when do you need to beat someone to call them out for being an ? The two are pretty much unrelated.

Since this post keeps getting made, I'll say it again. Since when do you need to beat someone to call them out for being an . . . . . . . ? The two are pretty much unrelated.
All due respect but...One man's a-----e, is another man's hero. (see; Boeheim, James Arthur)
JMHO, but I doubt there would be this much whining about Petrino, if the aforementioned azz-whuppin' shoe was on the other foot.
Its a common trait of a losing fanbase to start talking about what a scuzz ball the opposing coach is/was, as a way to mitigate defeat at the hands of said "scuzz ball" and his team. Personally, I'm always amused by this as, again IMHO, it adds nothing to the issue at hand.
I don't have to trust Dixon, Petrino, Schiano, et al with my money, or go out to dinner with them. My only interaction with them has been when they've faced off against my beloved alma mater. I don't know them personally and can't make such a judgement with the little facts I have available to me. If they're really all jerks, I let their own schools and their own fans deal with it.
Anything else is totally beside the point, IMO.

Last edited:
All due respect but...One man's a-----e, is another man's hero. (see; Boeheim, James Arthur)
JMHO, but I doubt there would be this much whining about Petrino, if the aforementioned azz-whuppin' shoe was on the other foot.
Its a common trait of a losing fanbase to start talking about what a scuzz ball the opposing coach is/was, as a way to mitigate defeat at the hands of said "scuzz ball" and his team. Personally, I'm always amused by this as, again IMHO, it adds nothing to the issue at hand.
I don't have to trust Dixon, Petrino, Schiano, et al with my money, or go out to dinner with them. My only interaction with them has been when they've faced off against my beloved alma mater. I don't know them personally and can't make such a judgement with the little facts I have available to me. If they're really all jerks, I let their own schools and their own fans deal with it.
Anything else is totally beside the point, IMO.
We where actually talking trash about him before the game. I don't care if we are 12-0 or 0-12 I'm going to call out a piece of human trash such as Petrino. It has nothing to do with losing to him lol.

We where actually talking trash about him before the game. I don't care if we are 12-0 or 0-12 I'm going to call out a piece of human trash such as Petrino. It has nothing to do with losing to him lol.
As is your right to do so. I just don't see the point of it, is all I'm saying.
Anyway it's all good- we can agree to disagree.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom