Peyton or Eli | Syracusefan.com

Peyton or Eli

I'm not sure how you can't go with Eli. Of course, I'm biased as a Giants fan, but the clutch play of Eli in huge spots has to outweigh Peyton's numbers.

One game, my life on the line, I want Eli the Younger. Make that, Eli the Winner.

In the clutch Eli...Peyton is solid and cant go wrong with him.

In the clutch Eli...Peyton is solid and cant go wrong with him.
Agreed. Didn't mean to make it sound like chopped liver. Just given the choice, I'd take Eli.

Peyton every day of the week. He's one of the three or four best QB's to ever play the game, and you can't just base it on Super Bowls. After all, Dan Marino never won one. Would you seriously take Eli over Marino in his prime?

Peyton is an all-time great and a first ballot hall of famer.

Peyton every day of the week. He's one of the three or four best QB's to ever play the game, and you can't just base it on Super Bowls. After all, Dan Marino never won one. Would you seriously take Eli over Marino in his prime?

Peyton is an all-time great and a first ballot hall of famer.

You cant deny Eli and what he has done. 3-0 vs. Brady. First ballot as well.

You cant deny Eli and what he has done. 3-0 vs. Brady. First ballot as well.
First ballot? Not a chance in hell. Cris Carter and Bill Parcells are not in yet, no way does Eli get in first ballot. Not a freaking chance in hell.

First ballot? Not a chance in hell. Cris Carter and Bill Parcells are not in yet, no way does Eli get in first ballot. Not a freaking chance in hell.

Chris Carter never won a championship. Big difference. Parcells not being in is a joke and that will get fixed next year.

With that said, dude first ballot. He has probably 6-8 SOLID years left and the chances of him winning another title with those receivers and their youth are better than the SEC winning the next BCS Championship. Plus he plays for one of the best organizations in professional sports. He has won 2 super bowls (4th quarter comebacks on last minute drives), has 2 super bowl MVP's and did it against a hall of fame QB and a hall of fame coach. He ALREADY has 5 playoff road wins. If Plax had not freaking shot himself in the leg they would have won it that year. He also never misses a game.

Oh and he plays in NY. The same city that Joe Namath played in and he got in which is a complete joke given his awful numbers.

I will buy this board final four tickets if he does not get in on the first ballot.

People forget just how bad Eli was when he came into the league and just how good Peyton was from the very first snap. Eli has certainly turned into more than Giant fans could ever hope for. That said Peyton has been better for longer. So for now I am going with Peyton but am open to seeing where Eli ends up when he retires.

You are right, he does have a lot of time left, which is why he could play himself into a first ballot guy. Don't get me wrong, I always liked Eli when he was at Ole Miss. But right this second, I think the drunken euphoria of a Super Bowl is making people overlook Eli's regular season career. He's been good, not great, for most of his career. He could turn that into "great" and make this moot, but at this point, I don't think he's a first ballot guy. No way.

People forget just how bad Eli was when he came into the league and just how good Peyton was from the very first snap. Eli has certainly turned into more than Giant fans could ever hope for. That said Peyton has been better for longer. So for now I am going with Peyton but am open to seeing where Eli ends up when he retires.
Well, Peyton threw something like 28 interceptions his first season, but after that he was stellar every season.

You are right, he does have a lot of time left, which is why he could play himself into a first ballot guy. Don't get me wrong, I always liked Eli when he was at Ole Miss. But right this second, I think the drunken euphoria of a Super Bowl is making people overlook Eli's regular season career. He's been good, not great, for most of his career. He could turn that into "great" and make this moot, but at this point, I don't think he's a first ballot guy. No way.

Yea I was referring to his career. I still think he will win another super bowl or two before it is all said and done. The kid has it (much like his brother) and he is truly now in the prime of his career. This year was a big year for him. He stopped the back foot throws and really carried this team all season.

Eli his first couple of years had completed pass totals in games that looked Tebow-esque. Fans were calling for his head 3 years in.

Peyton AINEC.

Eli is clutch, I'll give him that.

It is funny how things work out. Had Welker not dropped a ball he got both hands on then the Pats run the clock out or score again and no one is talking about Eli today. The whole thing is so subjective. You cannot go wrong with picking either Manning.

It is funny how things work out. Had Welker not dropped a ball he got both hands on then the Pats run the clock out or score again and no one is talking about Eli today. The whole thing is so subjective. You cannot go wrong with picking either Manning.

Sure you could - you could pick Eli and then take the Colts defense with your second pick. You'd be f*cked.

Guiness, youre an idiot.

the only people calling for Eli's head his 1st couple of years were...idiots. he started only the last 7games in his rookie year. he WON the NFC East his 2nd, went to the playoffs his 3rd and WON the SUPERBOWL and was the MVP in it...in his 4th.

Aikman is in the HOF only because he had HOF talent around him, Eli does not. look at Aikmans stats, he sucked.

Steve Young is in the HOF and he was the worst QB in history for the 1st 6 years of his career. he needs to send Leonard Marshall a card every week for the rest of his life thanking him for nearly killing joe montana and giving him a career.

Eli is a lock.

and the fact that Phil Simms doesnt get more respect is a freaking travesty.

Oh Lord

Typical Kaiser bluster and name calling. You can say only idiots were calling for his head but that does not make it any less true. Even during the first superbowl season fans were calling for him to be replaced after that debacle against Miami.

In regards to Aikman he had the kind of talent that had he played on a team without the leagues all time leading rusher that he could have put up big numbers. Not his fault that he played with one of the all time great running backs.

Guiness, youre an idiot.

the only people calling for Eli's head his 1st couple of years were...idiots. he started only the last 7games in his rookie year. he WON the NFC East his 2nd, went to the playoffs his 3rd and WON the SUPERBOWL and was the MVP in it...in his 4th.

Aikman is in the HOF only because he had HOF talent around him, Eli does not. look at Aikmans stats, he sucked.

Steve Young is in the HOF and he was the worst QB in history for the 1st 6 years of his career. he needs to send Leonard Marshall a card every week for the rest of his life thanking him for nearly killing joe montana and giving him a career.

Eli is a lock.

Oh Lord

Based on what? The two times he had a 120+ QB rating. He even started 3 games each of those years. His first year with San Fran he had 10 TD's and 0 INT's.

This thread is loaded with comments from people who have decided that's ok to rewrite history.

Based on what? The two times he had a 120+ QB rating. He even started 3 games each of those years. His first year with San Fran he had 10 TD's and 0 INT's.

Only five quarterbacks have won multiple SB trophies and SB MVPs, he is one of them. I think he gets in (all in).

Guiness, youre an idiot.

Eli is a lock.

Oh Lord

Phil Simms doesn't get his due because of Hostetler winning the Super Bowl in place of Phil. To critics, it devalued the first one a bit, which was one of the great performances in Super Bowl history.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom