Peyton's legacy | Syracusefan.com

Peyton's legacy

Eric15

Living Legend
Do all these late-career playoff disappointments affect Peyton's legacy? He's obviously at worst one of the greatest half dozen QBs ever, but I'm talking as far as the "greatest of all time" discussion.

Do all these late-career playoff disappointments affect Peyton's legacy? He's obviously at worst one of the greatest half dozen QBs ever, but I'm talking as far as the "greatest of all time" discussion.

greatest regular season QB absolutely.

Post season, not so much.

late career playoff disapointments??

been like that his whole career.

marino gets the never won black mark, peyton gets the only won 1 black mark. not fair, but that seems to be the way people are trying to paint him.

KaiserUEO said:
late career playoff disapointments?? been like that his whole career. marino gets the never won black mark, peyton gets the only 1 black mark. not fair, but that seems to be the way people are trying to paint him.

Yep. And Eli gets the "maybe the worst regular season QB to win multiple SuperBowls"...

late career playoff disapointments??

been like that his whole career.

marino gets the never won black mark, peyton gets the only won 1 black mark. not fair, but that seems to be the way people are trying to paint him.

Give me your Top 5.

Give me your Top 5.
leaving unitas out since i didnt see him play...

in order of appearing in the league...elway, marino, favre, peyton, brady.

88.5 rating in the post season has to knock him down a peg. Montana's post season numbers are amazing if he was playing today when everything is inflated.

bart starr is very underrated. his numbers in the regular season playoffs are incredible considering the era. i had no idea until i looked

montana clear 1

then young brady manning starr unitas, i think. i don't know how to really judge unitas and starr, what do i know about them. if i just went by unitas's numbers, i'd leave him out - this is just deference to everyone who saw him

Top 5 QBs
1. Elway
2. Montana
3. Unitas
4. Brady
5. Peyton Manning
Marino, Young, Favre.

Manning is Poopy McPoopants in the postseason that has to factor into his record. 11-13 in the playoffs 1 SB, 2 SB losses.
Brady v. Manning is the Wilt v. Russell of Football. Brady has been to 5 Super Bowls should get to 6 next week that will break Elway's tie with Brady. If Brady beats Seattle he could become the GOAT.

when russell wilson is all said and done, the footbally guys will still knock him down a peg with yeahbuts. he had another perfect game just now

everyone passed on him when all you had to do was look at his college numbers.

The torn quad makes a lot of sense.
Ya wonder sometimes about modern media. Like how would twitter react to the '91 10-7 AFC championship where the only TDs were scored by Carlton Bailey & Gary Kubiak?

I like what this can turn into. My criteria would be postseason QBR, because you've got to be good to get to the playoffs in the first place, and then W/L record in the playoffs. In how many seasons.

Rodgers - 6-4 with a 105.3 rating in 6 seasons. 1 Ring
Starr - 9-1 with a 104.8 rating in 15 seasons. 5 Championships
Warner - 9-4 with a 102.8 rating in 11 seasons (8 as a starter) 1 Ring
Brees - 6-5 with a 100.7 rating in 14 seasons (13 as starter) 1 Ring
Montana - 16-7 with a 95.6 rating in 15 seasons (14 as a starter) 4 Rings.
E. Manning - 8-3 with a 89.3 rating in 11 seasons (10.5 as a starter) 2 Rings
P. Manning - 11-13 wtih a 88.5 rating in 17 seasons (16 as starter) 1 Ring
Brady - 19-8 with a 88.0 rating in 15 seasons (13 as a starter) 3 Rings.
Favre - 13-11 with a 86.3 rating in 20 seasons (19 as a starter) 1 Ring.
Young - 8-6 with a 85.8 rating in 15 seasons (8 as a full time starter) 1 Ring.
Flacco - 10-5 with a 88.6 rating in 7 seasons (7 as starter) 1 Ring.
Aikman - 11-4 with an 88.3 rating in 12 seasons (12 as starter) 3 Rings.
Roethlisberger - 10-5 with an 83.3 rating in 11 seasons (11 as starter) 2 Rings.
Marino - 8-10 with an 77.1 rating in 17 seasons (16 starting) 0 Rings.
Elway - 14-7 with an 79.7 rating in 16 seasons (16 as starter) 2 Rings.

For my money:
1) Starr
2) Aikman
3) Brady
4) Montana
5) E. Manning (damn skippy, ELI)

I didn't order my Kaiser with a side of weak sauce. Rank them in order of how great you think they are, not chronologically.
1. Elway
2. Peyton
3. Brady
4. Favre
5. Marino
6. Montana

Peyton's a heckuva nice guy and great with the media so he gets a lot of passes but absolutely his playoff record should knock him down a few notches, probably out of the Top 5 all time for me. At some point you have to think they problem in the playoffs is him. He's always the home team and he's always the favorite, yet he still loses.

Marsh01 said:
Eli 2-0 vs. Brady

Yep. Amazing in the playoffs.

Interception machine in the regular season.

Not this season, an argument could be made that he had his best statistical season ever in 2014... Without a proven TE, Cruz or a stable OL.

I'm guessing since he (Bradshaw)hasn't been mentioned that most think the Steelers teams would have won with Joe Schmoe at QB? Just wondering.

the interception is an art form.

Eli throws a bunch, but lets not heep too much praise on him, he doesnt throw the INT as well as favre, fouts, marino, tarkenton, etc...

you know, his soon to be fellow Hall of Famers...

Marsh01 said:
I will take interception machine for 2 titles. I think anyone would

That's fine - I can live with that too. It doesn't change what I wrote. Worst regular season QB to win multiple SBs.

Finwad32 said:
Not this season, an argument could be made that he had his best statistical season ever in 2014... Without a proven TE, Cruz or a stable OL.

Okay. But we are talking legacy, career on the whole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom