Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're trying to talk up UConn through the media to garner more interest.

UConn does seem super confident and SUDreaming even said recently he didn’t think it was gonna be us

UConn does seem super confident and SUDreaming even said recently he didn’t think it was gonna be us
true but he walked that post back the next day

I'm almost at the point that if a kid wanted to play for UConn in that conference against that competition when he could play in the ACC it says something about the kid where I would wonder if he had the stones to compete at the highest of levels.
The only reason to go to UConn is playing time. it’s true that our roster is more stocked than theirs, but he would play here right away too. So if you wanna actually be part of a nationally relevant program, you choose a top level ACC or Big 10 school, Kansas, Kentucky and a few others.

I am with you. I am just not sure what Hurley is selling to these guys? He had decent success at RI, but not otherworldly. He has as of yet no track record at UCONN. They play in a bad conference against teams that don't matter, and they don't even play on campus. Truly think if Ollie couldn't succeed there, with his connections to pro athletes and his national freaking title with Jim's players, nobody will, unless they get called up to the P5.
He's selling the "come to the new Gonzaga of the East" mantra to compensate for their AAC status. Theoretically, they coulda/woulda/shoulda been THE premier program in that conference..
My nephew is soooo stoked about Hurley, already pulling a Costanza-like; "We're back, baby"!
I'm like "pump the brakes, you ain't done squat yet"!
We shall see. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

"The recruitment of top-30 center
Kofi Cockburn
is a bit muddied at the current moment and while he cut his school list last week, no visits have been scheduled. However, Pitt did make the list and continues to make a push for the big man, and head coach Jeff Capel was in to see Cockburn as recently as two weeks ago.
Akok Akok
’s situation is clearer, as the top-35 forward is down to a final five of Providence, Georgetown, UConn, Syracuse and Pitt. While many believe that the Friars, Huskies and Orange are the three to beat, do not discount the Panthers here. They are much more involved with Akok than many think, and while it would still be a surprise to see Akok commit to the ACC program, his visit to Oakland could change things in the coming weeks."

Kofi Cockburn
is a bit muddied at the current moment and while he cut his school list last week, no visits have been scheduled. However, Pitt did make the list and continues to make a push for the big man, and head coach Jeff Capel was in to see Cockburn as recently as two weeks ago.
Akok Akok
’s situation is clearer, as the top-35 forward is down to a final five of Providence, Georgetown, UConn, Syracuse and Pitt. While many believe that the Friars, Huskies and Orange are the three to beat, do not discount the Panthers here. They are much more involved with Akok than many think, and while it would still be a surprise to see Akok commit to the ACC program, his visit to Oakland could change things in the coming weeks."
boy, it's not hard to tell who corey evans' most recent phone call has been with, is it?

Kofi Cockburn
Akok Akok
Pitt guy putting on a Pitt spin. Ehhh

pDBRd4Ph_bigger.jpeg
Andrew Slater‏ @Andrew__Slater 18m18 minutes ago
More
Andrew Slater Retweeted Jon Rothstein
Good shot at 1

No way UConn should land these guys over Syracuse. That program is in shambles, and plays in a crappy conference. I'm somewhat resolved to losing Wahab, but not Akok. Definitely not both! Keep pounding 'Cuse!!! Pedal to the metal!

Status
Not open for further replies.