Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 37 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to think about too...IF true and that poster is a decent and respected poster, that is a HORRIBLE thing to do. Just come right out and blow the kids decision in? Not even make it like vague or keep you guessing...like it was a "great" visit that he had guys. Idk it seems odd. Hopefully just smoke and we have our visit saturday.

It seemed to me at least that Akok was slipping out of our hands a month ago just the feeling I got in reading what was going on. Even though people on here seemed super confident. If he gave a silent verbal and he still wants to visit then I would say it’s still fair game. If he is waiting for a while he may be waiting to see who else is committing first then waiting for the bigger fish to come along

It seemed to me at least that Akok was slipping out of our hands a month ago just the feeling I got in reading what was going on. Even though people on here seemed super confident. If he gave a silent verbal and he still wants to visit then I would say it’s still fair game. If he is waiting for a while he may be waiting to see who else is committing first then waiting for the bigger fish to come along
He could be using his other visits just to see campuses and eat at nice restaurants for free.

But yeah we know a silent verbal isn't a lock, but if you're UConn and he takes his final 2 visits, anything can happen.

UConn kind of backed off him when he struggled early in the summer but they put in a lot of work late.

That poster has been fairly accurate but if it's true it does take the moment away from the kid.

Question to everyone...would you rather have Akok or a Junior Brissett? I ask because I think he will do like Battle this year. Test the NBA and work out then decide to come back and have a monster year as a leader.

Question to everyone...would you rather have Akok or a Junior Brissett? I ask because I think he will do like Battle this year. Test the NBA and work out then decide to come back and have a monster year as a leader.
I'd rather have both.

Akok is a one and done most likely anyway. If OB comes back and we get Guerrier this won’t matter. But if OB leaves and we don’t get Quincy this is a huge miss

Uconn could land King Midas and 18 yr old michael Jordan. Nothing can save them now.

Guess we'll see if this is true pretty quickly
Screenshot_20181014-114815_Chrome.jpg

Zero viable excuses for losing both players to UConn, if these reports have credibility (except landing Girard WITH Stewart).

BField and Matrim are 2 of their better guys. It’s one thing to say “visit went well”, but to say “verbal” and “won’t be taking any more visits” sounds pretty certain to me lol

Zero viable excuses for losing both players to UConn, if these reports have credibility.
What if one of the excuses is the staff feels they have a chance at Stewart

What if one of the excuses is the staff feels they have a chance at Stewart
I just edited my post... yes, LANDING Stewart with Girard would work. But I don't think you let Akok and Wahab walk unless Stewart is in the bag.

First year turn around in recruiting for Hurley and staff would really be impressive. And I hate saying that so hopefully it's all nonsense. We will know soon enough

Akok is a one and done most likely anyway. If OB comes back and we get Guerrier this won’t matter. But if OB leaves and we don’t get Quincy this is a huge miss

You haven’t seen Braswell play yet I take it.

Marek isn’t going anywhere.

You haven’t seen Braswell play yet I take it.

Marek isn’t going anywhere.
Agreed on Marek too.

I haven't seen Braswell but have heard the hype.

In reality while Akok would have started here next year (assuming OB left), we will most likely have Guerrier, Marek, Braswell and Hughes. That's a lot to compete with.

I know UConn has been pushing playing time BIG time with their recruits. Akok would start here from day 1 but he'd have to share a lot of minutes.

Getting Guerrier or Akok was always likely. Harder to get to the association sharing time.

Akok is a stretch four that folks said could even play center. Quincy is a small forward who might also be able to play two guard. These two do not play the same position nor would they be competing against each other for playing time.

Braswell is going to be VERY good for us so that's one thing I'm happy about regardless of what happens with the other wings we are recruiting. He is going to be much better then any of us could hope for. Hes still more of a 3 where akok is a stretch 4 type. And Q is like a 2/3...so akok would of fit nice in our style of play.

Status
Not open for further replies.