Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pitt has a better chance with Akok than Uconn
I think Hurley has 2 top recruits already locked in. Akok would be the third and who knows. Pitt still better?

I want to be on record before any decisions are made. I'd be a-okay with Akok, but if given an either/or, I'd rather have Stewart.
But what if, and I'm not saying this is the case, but what if it's Stewart or Akok and Carrigan?

But what if, and I'm not saying this is the case, but what if it's Stewart or Akok and Carrigan?
I think u have to take Stewart with a side of Quincy and be thrilled with a class of goodine, jg3, qg, jba and stew. But I really like akoks game and how he fits our style of play. Just can't pass up a top 5 guy in the class of 19 that's a legit bruiser and game changer.

even w/out carrigan, i like the 2nd option
  • akok is a better fit for the system
  • akok is likely 2 years vs likely 1 from stewart
  • i don't really believe we're that strong with stewart to begin with; or, at least, i think we are in a a stronger position with akok than we are with isaiah

• i don't really believe we're that strong with stewart to begin with; or, at least, i think we are in a a stronger position with akok than we are with isaiah
I can see the argument.

I also know you're a big fan of Sidibe.

I can see the argument.

I also know you're a big fan of Sidibe.
yup
and nobody should read this as me being "down" on stewart at all
but syracuse would be awesome defensively with a frontline of akok/bourama/marek. on potential, that might be the best shotblocking unit in school history.

Does anyone think we already have an Akok style player on the roster in a sophomore Braswell? Given the choice, I’d love to add Guerrier and Stewart to close out the ‘19 recruiting class

I wouldn't have a problem with Akok and Carrigan. I'd be happier with Stewart and Guerrier.

I'd rank them-(wanna gets in my mind).

Stewart, Guerrier, Akok, Carrigan. I think our best shot at getting is with the first two.

I wouldn't have a problem with Akok and Carrigan. I'd be happier with Stewart and Guerrier.

I'd rank them-(wanna gets in my mind).

Stewart, Guerrier, Akok, Carrigan. I think our best shot at getting is with the first two.

I think we're getting 3 more, not just 2 - Guerrier, Akok/Stewart and Carrigan, if he makes grades this fall.

Cracks me up that UConn fans are mocking our weather this weekend. It’s going to be 43 degrees in Storrs Sunday. With 100% chance of cows pastures everyday.
Yup. Storrs is in a really bad place for weather. It is even worse than Syracuse.

That area gets more rain, less sun and is muggier. Average low temperatures are 1 or 2 degrees higher than Syracuse in the depth of winter.

And instead of being located in one of the most beautiful areas in the Northeast, it is located in the armpit of Connecticut. Maybe this is why so many UConn fans are full of hate and anger.

Average Weather in Storrs, Connecticut, United States, Year Round - Weather Spark

Average Weather in Syracuse, New York, United States, Year Round - Weather Spark

Great job engaging those boneryarders. Can't wait to see what they have to say to you.

Oh, I'm well loved over there. LOL

I used to be friendly with several folks on that board, back in the 90's and early uh-ohs. I used to go to ABCD Camp in Hackensack with Fishy and Mason because I lived only a mile or so away. I went for about 7 years, and did write ups about prospects for the board, and then for Mason's web site for a while.

But when the whole lobbying for the spots in the ACC / Demise of the Big East happened, I started arguing with them why we were a better prospect, because of our football history, despite being down at the time, and this being the height of the first Edsall Era.

It turned out I was right, for reasons that have been debated for a long time, but in my opinion, we were helped by The Express, and the reminder of our great football heritage, Hall of Famers, Bowl Game appearances, etc., even if they were in the time of the older people making these decisions, and not so much in the present.

Of course I've been chased off their board a few times. I acknowledge that they have taken their opportunities in the NCAA Basketball tournament much more often than we have, and for that, hats off to them.

I'm of that generation that remembers before Calhoun, when they had Dom Perno as coach, and they were generally roadkill against us. I remember Calhoun not doing great out of the box, but then the NCAA started sniffing around us, and we lost Donyell Marshall to them and suffered what I considered some dirty recruiting against us by Calhoun for a number of years as being a "dirty" program.

So, I'm an old fart who remembers. And I still hold sports grudges about things like that. I still hate Notre Dame for the 1963 game at Yankee Stadium, too. So it's not just about UCon. LOL

Last edited:
Oh, I'm well loved over there. LOL

I used to be friendly with several folks on that board, back in the 90's and early uh-ohs. I used to go to ABCD Camp in Hackensack with Fishy and Mason because I lived only a mile or so away. I went for about 7 years, and did write ups about prospects for the board, and then for Mason's web site for a while.

But when the whole lobbying for the spots in the ACC / Demise of the Big East happened, I started arguing with them why we were a better prospect, because of our football history, despite being down at the time, and this being the height of the first Edsall Era.

It turned out I was right, for reasons that have been debated for a long time, but in my opinion, we were helped by The Express, and the reminder of our great football heritage, Hall of Famers, Bowl Game appearances, etc., even if they were in the time of the older people making these decisions, and not so much in the present.

Of course I've been chased off their board a few times. I acknowledge that they have taken their opportunities in the NCAA Basketball tournament much more often than we have, and for that, hats off to them.

I'm of that generation that remembers before Calhoun, when they had Dom Perno as coach, and they were generally roadkill against us. I remember Calhoun not doing great out of the box, but then the NCAA started sniffing around us, and we lost Donyell Marshall to them and suffered what I considered some dirty recruiting against us by Calhoun for a number of years as being a "dirty" program.

So, I'm an old fart who remembers. And I still hold sports grudges about things like that. I still hate Notre Dame for the 1963 game at Yankee Stadium, too. So it's not just about UCon. LOL
Their bitterness at getting left behind knows no bounds. They continue to lash out at us, Rutgers, PC, LVille, Pitt...basically anyone who caught a lifeboat. It’s everyone’s fault they didn’t get in.

Not understanding your thinking. Is it based on insider info? IS has visited, has three former teammates (at least two of whom are good friends and one is actively recruiting him), already at SU, has proximity to family (touted as very significant), had a great visit to SU by his own words, his AAU coach indicated the importance of his being comfortable at his choice (implication SU fits the bill) and the AAU coach is a strong SU supporter.
What makes you think; a prospect that has not provided any insight to his college preferences, has yet to visit, has multiple rumors swirling that he is in deep with a competitive program, "we are in a stronger position"?

Not understanding your thinking. Is it based on insider info? IS has visited, has three former teammates (at least two of whom are good friends and one is actively recruiting him), already at SU, has proximity to family (touted as very significant), had a great visit to SU by his own words, his AAU coach indicated the importance of his being comfortable at his choice (implication SU fits the bill) and the AAU coach is a strong SU supporter.
What makes you think; a prospect that has not provided any insight to his college preferences, has yet to visit, has multiple rumors swirling that he is in deep with a competitive program, "we are in a stronger position"?
I think you misinterpreted his post. He simply prefers Akok over any of the others. As he fits our system best, in his eyes.

i Don’t understand why Ithaca is great because they have a wegmans, but OTOH Syracuse, which has several, sucks.

Also CT has zero Wegmanses.

I think you misinterpreted his post. He simply prefers Akok over any of the others. As he fits our system best, in his eyes.

I think he’s addressing his final point.

Status
Not open for further replies.