Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowadays, give me the 2-3 year player that starts/contributes handsomely over the 1 and done every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Although, only because Stewart is from nearby Rochester, and it would finally be great to land a Top 10 type kid from our own backyard, is the only reason I'd like to land Stewart. Otherwise, I could care a less if we ever get a one and done type ever again. Carmelo was a once in a lifetime player, especially at the college level. Just my humble $.02.

i Don’t understand why Ithaca is great because they have a wegmans, but OTOH Syracuse, which has several, sucks.

Also CT has zero Wegmanses.
Ithaca is gorges.

People are ridiculous as it pertains to climate, geography and all other inconsequential attributes. Every person values something differently and only an obtuse idiot (like 84% of the boneyard) would think their version of storrs paradise is any better than any other. If people value tropical climates... they will go to there. If people like deciduous forests... they will go there. I like living here... it is in close proximity to the things I enjoy. We have 4 seasons. I am one hour and 45 minutes away from what I consider my personal paradise (the Adirondacks), 4 hours from what could be considered the mecca of all cities in the world, about 35 minutes to one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world in case that zombie apocalypse ruins running water. People using geography as negative recruiting tool are idiots. The only person its prerogative it is, is the athletes.

eat bags of dog poop UConn, you're in a joke of a conference... and that will likely never change. Enjoy.

Ithaca is gorges.

People are ridiculous as it pertains to climate, geography and all other inconsequential attributes. Every person values something differently and only an obtuse idiot (like 84% of the boneyard) would think their version of storrs paradise is any better than any other. If people value tropical climates... they will go to there. If people like deciduous forests... they will go there. I like living here... it is in close proximity to the things I enjoy. We have 4 seasons. I am one hour and 45 minutes away from what I consider my personal paradise (the Adirondacks), 4 hours from what could be considered the mecca of all cities in the world, about 35 minutes to one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world in case that zombie apocalypse ruins running water. People using geography as negative recruiting tool are idiots. The only person its prerogative it is, is the athletes.

eat bags of dog poop UConn, you're in a joke of a conference... and that will likely never change. Enjoy.

All I know is that I’m in the Farmington Valley and it’s like 45 here.

the polite thing to do is to tell them and cancel not to go through the motions & waste their time & resources
I disagree. Nothing is ever certain in recruiting. If I am the parent I want my child to take all the visits, meet the coaches, see the campus, etc... that way he or she has all the facts. Further even if your child decides not to go to one of the schools, he or she may make a good impression to the staff or vice versa that may be beneficial down the road in regards to a transfer, tryouts or introduction. Even if you think you know, still take all the visits. It goes without saying that the coaches could pull your scholarship as well, even in hoops that happens if someone better comes along or an injury forces a change in strategy.

I think you misinterpreted his post. He simply prefers Akok over any of the others. As he fits our system best, in his eyes.
I think he’s addressing his final point.
  • i don't really believe we're that strong with stewart to begin with; or, at least, i think we are in a a stronger position with akok than we are with isaiah

Yes, I don’t understand that point.

Future UConn insider double downs...

“Akok will commit to us in the next 5-10 minutes. Women’s field hockey was the difference. He’s ours, guys.”

“Okay so he verballed to Syracuse. On signing day he will be a Husky! This kid knows all about the Civil ConFLiCT in football and wants to make it the best rivalry in college basketball, just like it is in college football.”

“Signing a letter of intent means NOTHING. Akok realized he made a mistake and has a team of lawyers to get him out of it. His real passion is to play road games in Tulsa.”

“Yes he played a game for Syracuse but I expect he will transfer to UConn in the next 12 hours. He was impressed that the women’s team beat South Florida by 203 points and wants to see all their games live.”

“Guys, he’s going to be a lottery pick tonight but he really wants UConn to be listed as his college and not Syracuse. He’s done all the research and didn’t like how Syracuse was 3 degrees colder than Storrs on average.”

Their bitterness at getting left behind knows no bounds. They continue to lash out at us, Rutgers, PC, LVille, Pitt...basically anyone who caught a lifeboat. It’s everyone’s fault they didn’t get in.

We would be the same way.

Does anyone think we already have an Akok style player on the roster in a sophomore Braswell? Given the choice, I’d love to add Guerrier and Stewart to close out the ‘19 recruiting class
i believe that, eventually, bobby will be a good player for us, but my guess is that freshman akok would be noticeably better than sophomore braswell

Not understanding your thinking. Is it based on insider info? IS has visited, has three former teammates (at least two of whom are good friends and one is actively recruiting him), already at SU, has proximity to family (touted as very significant), had a great visit to SU by his own words, his AAU coach indicated the importance of his being comfortable at his choice (implication SU fits the bill) and the AAU coach is a strong SU supporter.
What makes you think; a prospect that has not provided any insight to his college preferences, has yet to visit, has multiple rumors swirling that he is in deep with a competitive program, "we are in a stronger position"?
i simply think isaiah's visit has been overhyped here, and the work the staff has done on akok has been lost in all the (false) claims by the boneheads that he's their's to lose

we've been ahead on akok for a long time, and behind on stewart, and any changes that have occurred in the last two weeks have been on the margins.

in my opinion, of course. and wth do i know?

Last edited:
At least our insiders post pretty darn good info. 3 of there top respected posters not only once but pretty much doubled down and tripled down on AA being committed to Yukon before his cuse visit. Still crickets. None have posted since. They have like 3 threads going that all involved cuse and they want most of them locked after already locking one akok thread just the other day. Its awesome!

Wegpeople
latest

i simply think isaiah's visit has been overhyped here, and the work the staff has done on akok has been lost in all the (false) claims by the boneheads that he's their's to lose

we've been ahead on akok for a long time, and behind on stewart, and any changes that have occurred in the last two weeks have been on the margins.

in my opinion, of course. and wth do i know?
Thanks, question asked, question answered

Status
Not open for further replies.