Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he probably is just hearing the same stuff from Hurley
don't think it's coming from hurley... i believe there is someone in akok's circle who is strongly pushing for uconn. but akok himself is not, has not committed to anyone yet

Unfortunately I agree. Seems like its been trending Uconn for a month or so now. To bad as I know before when it looked like it was SU most of the boneyard was trashing him. Need to lock up Gurrier now and look hard at Carrigan.
hasn't been "trending" in any direction. boneyarders have been making claims (which have thus far turned out to be fake news) and our posters have been giving them false heat by repeating them here, but there has been zero indication in any direction from akok himself

Pitt just offered Tyrese Samuel...hmm right after Akok visit

that's interesting...I think he goes to UConn based on what I've read here and what's been trending. Hopefully he will make up his mind soon. He seems like a nice & quiet kid.

Dont forget who is involved with his AAU team Mass Rivals. Vin Pastore and Scott Hazeltob former uconn player

The only time in my memory the crystal ball told this board something it did not already know was Alin Edouard in football.

Dont forget who is involved with his AAU team Mass Rivals. Vin Pastore and Scott Hazeltob former uconn player
This is probably the hardest thing to overcome, and something that I haven’t seen brought up before. AAU coaches really pull favor with these kids.

Wouldn’t telling people that a player has committed to your school prior to the player doing so be a violation? Can’t believe that any coaching staff would run the risk of incurring a violation just to give their fans any early indication. Have to question that logic.
Hey, Jake had Fab's committment on the board before Fab announced it. That's why we all love insiders.

Last edited:
Usually dont...guess hes 34/35 this year so hes either really lucky or has a decent grasp on what's going on? This could make him 34/36 seeing so tho AA is difficult to read but who knows. It's something to talk about.
here's the thing: if he changes his guess to the right school 5 minutes before the announcement, despite having had the wrong school for a month prior, it counts as a correct prediction

there is very clearly a person (or persons) within akok's circle who is/are pushing him hard for uconn, and who may be confident that they can close the deal.
but it is also clear that they have not yet done so.
akok is running this recruitment, and other than the anodyne comments that most recruits give after most visits, the only definitive statement that he has made in months is "i have not committed to uconn."

he may yet become a huskie. but the recruitment is active and there has been no indication that akok has made any decision one way or another. everything we are reading is rumor, and mostly agenda-driven rumor

Last edited:
there is very clearly a person (or persons) within akok's circle who is/are pushing him hard for uconn, and who may be confident that they can close the deal.
akok is running this recruitment, and other than the anondyne comments that most recruits give after most visits, the only definitive statement that he has made in months is "i have not committed to uconn."

he may yet become a huskie. but the recruitment is active and there has been no indication that akok has made any decision one way or another. everything we are reading is rumor, and mostly agenda-driven rumor
I think your post hits it out of the ballpark. There are people close to Akok that want UConn to be the choice.

Doesn't he live in CT? Why would it be outrageous for a kid who lives locally to chose the local school, even if they might not be what some people consider to be the best option?

Can't you make that same argument for JG3?

I have no idea where the kid goes. I am a fan of SU, and I am definitely not a fan of UCANT. But, I can still be rational, and see why the kid might chose to go to a local school, even if I don't think it is a good idea.

I can also be rational, and know that if that situation were to arise, it wouldn't be a sign of the apocalypse for the SU program, either.

This board truly is as loony as this country where everyone thinks in black and white while we all truly live in endless shades of grey.

I hope SU gets Akok to commit to them, but I won't be found with slit wrists if it doesn't happen. I will root for him if he plays for SU, and I will forget about him completely if he plays for the other place.

Doesn't he live in CT? Why would it be outrageous for a kid who lives locally to chose the local school, even if they might not be what some people consider to be the best option?

I have no idea where the kid goes. I am a fan of SU, and I am definitely not a fan of UCANT. But, I can still be rational, and see why the kid might chose to go to a local school, even if I don't think it is a good idea.

I can also be rational, and know that if that situation were to arise, it wouldn't be a sign of the apocalypse for the SU program, either.

This board truly is as loony as this country where everyone thinks in black and white while we all truly live in endless shades of grey.

I hope SU gets Akok to commit to them, but I won't be found with slit wrists if it doesn't happen. I will root for him if he plays for SU, and I will forget about him completely if he plays for the other place.

I'm not sure you're connecting with what's being discussed -- I haven't seen anybody claim that he might not choose a local school.

The issue being disagreed upon is how much stock to put into rumors being released on twitter / on the boneheadyard claiming that he's already a done deal to uconn.

Big difference.

I'm not sure you're connecting with what's being discussed -- I haven't seen anybody claim that he might not choose a local school.

The issue being disagreed upon is how much stock to put into rumors being released on twitter / on the boneheadyard claiming that he's already a done deal to uconn.

Big difference.
This^^^
He’s just another recruit- you win some, you lose some.
And unlike others here I’ve never predicted UConn fading into the sunset. They’ll still be a player in cbb, just not to the same extent as in the OBE.
I’m interested in how this falls out. If AA goes to UConn, poor decision but bless his heart and i wish him well.
If he picks the good guys, that’d be great of course...but at this point I’m not sure it’d be because we’d have won the recruiting battle, or because it’d add to the entertainment value of reading the Mutts’ reactions at being totally wrong! Lol

I
akok is running this recruitment, and other than the anodyne comments that most recruits give after most visits, the only definitive statement that he has made in months is "i have not committed to uconn."

I agree and feel the same way that someone close to him is pushing Uconn but that’s for their own selfish reasons. He has a better chance to improve and face better competition at anywhere but UConn. And I don’t even hate them , I could care less about them either way. Pushing him on a ship that’s sinking isn’t really looking out for his best interests.

That’s big of you.

I’m gonna help burn this place to the ground.

Yeah they are only valid when they lean my way.

Those predictions are often guesses, or based upon information that doesn't provide much insight [i.e., a player visiting a certain school might trigger a crystal ball prediction]. Sometimes they are educated guess, but often times is is nothing more than an unsubstantiated flyer.

Doesn't matter whether they lean our way or not -- see: Golden last December, which couldn't have been more wrong.

Another giving the nod to yukon.

Contenders: Final five of Connecticut, Georgetown, Pittsburgh, Providence and Syracuse.

Early or late: Early.

Breakdown: Akok's lone remaining official visit to take is Pittsburgh and he's knocking that out over the next few days. A decision might not follow immediately, however Akok should be ready to decide relatively soon. There were rumors that he committed to UConn after his visit there but he shot them down. The Huskies do, however, appear to be in pretty good shape and would be our pick if we had to call any school the leader.

Status
Not open for further replies.