Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good point. I’ll see myself out.
In all seriousness, like NY, certain parts of CT are beautiful and parts are hell holes.
Storrs is not a hell hole but it’s definitely not beautiful. It’s like purgatory I guess.
But as Tomcat so eloquently said, this comes down to what kind of a competitor A2 is.

In all seriousness, like NY, certain parts of CT are beautiful and parts are hell holes.
Storrs is not a hell hole but it’s definitely not beautiful. It’s like purgatory I guess.
But as Tomcat so eloquently said, this comes down to what kind of a competitor A2 is.

Or...like someone else said...he just likes UCONN better. There doesnt have to be conspiracy theories as to why he would want to go to another school. He plays HS ball up the road...has been there a stupid amount of times. Maybe he feels more comfortable and likes his future there.

I think people let their hate of UCONN get in the way a lot around here and some pretty goofy things get said.

This thread has started to veer off into a “rationalization stage” of mourning, yet we still are not hearing from the source himself as to his decision.
UConn has been chirping about this recruit for weeks, and it’s always “tomorrow midnight done deal”, etc. Yet, from AA2...nothing.
I’m not prepared to accept that this is a forgone conclusion. If he was so gung ho for the Mutts, why the hesitation? Remember, they’re the only fan base to declare that “ We got him. He verballed. He’s ours”! Everyone else has kept their powder dry.
Sounds like the love-fest is not totally mutual, no? ;)

i honestly believe that syracuse has always been the lead school in akok's formulation, but not for his advisors - specifically those around his aau team and to a lesser extent his h.s. program

They have their reasons...

Or...like someone else said...he just likes UCONN better. There doesnt have to be conspiracy theories as to why he would want to go to another school. He plays HS ball up the road...has been there a stupid amount of times. Maybe he feels more comfortable and likes his future there.

I think people let their hate of UCONN get in the way a lot around here and some pretty goofy things get said.
It's a nice campus. Not sure that I would call it bucolic, but it's nice.

It is clear to me that Akok is struggling with the decision. That is a credit to Gerry in and of itself because you could look at the factors that were laid out by tomcat and see there is an uphill battle to get a kid to take the tougher road and come to Syracuse. Of course, we'll get the parade of "who cares, he can't close" BS from the genius crowd though.
Let’s hope its his decision only and not where he’s being steered to by selfish people.

I think that honestly he wants cuse, but his "handlers" will steer him elsewhere. Regardless good luck with the decision.

Oh I agree. I live in NW Ct. it’s nice, especially this time of year.

Or...maybe he just likes Hurley and wants UConn?
I loathe the Mutts, but kids have their own reasons, known or unknown, for who they pick.
Jalen Carey picked us over UConn, and it’d be no shock if AA2 did the reverse.
No nefarious motives need to be deduced from either choice. JMHO

We’re really just a step or two from being Maryland fans after Melo committed to us. Kind of a shtty look and I’m not going down that route.

We’re really just a step or two from being Maryland fans after Melo committed to us. Kind of a shtty look and I’m not going down that route.

Thats the way I am starting to see it...

must have been a bag
his handlers are pushing him away
his isnt competitive enough and doesnt see playing time here...

Do people read what they are posting?

My take on him is that his host family in the US is near UConn, and the kid seems awfully shy from what I've seen and read. It might just be a comfort factor. You can't do anything about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.