Class of 2019 - PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn | Page 77 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Akok Akok (CT) to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Akok doesn’t come here he would be smarter to go to Pitt. At least he would face stronger competition.

Just was told the Sid Wilson problem/suspension has AKOK ready to tell UConn no thanks, Hurley was not told/aware of the problem from LAST Year.
Would love if this is true...there are some on the boneryard that feel whatever it is with sid isnt that serious?

Would love if this is true...there are some on the boneryard that feel whatever it is with sid isnt that serious?

Whatever it is, as sudreaming pointed out, it’s that Hurley didn’t know or wasn’t told. Do you want to trust your b-ball future to a new coach who isn’t informed of stuff like this by the school. Whatever the actual reality of the situation with Sid/Hurley/UConn it illustrates how much of a risk it is going there right now for a big time recruit.

That would make sense. He already seemed hesitant to pull the trigger on UConn so anything could push him away at this point.
Curious from your perspective jordoo why anything with Sid Wilson has to do with Akok? Unless Sid and Akok are best friends and he thinks he's being treated unfairly or something , I can't see how whatever Sid did would effect Akok

Whatever it is, as sudreaming pointed out, it’s that Hurley didn’t know or wasn’t told. Do you want to trust your b-ball future to a new coach who isn’t informed of stuff like this by the school. Whatever the actual reality of the situation with Sid/Hurley/UConn it illustrates how much of a risk it is going there right now for a big time recruit.
Ok so you're just thinking perhaps the unknown left over from the Ollie era might scare Akok off?

Once tainted, it's really hard to clean the taint.

Curious from your perspective jordoo why anything with Sid Wilson has to do with Akok? Unless Sid and Akok are best friends and he thinks he's being treated unfairly or something , I can't see how whatever Sid did would effect Akok

Check my last post. Everyone around Akok is pushing hard for UConn yet he is obviously unsure about making that decision because he hasn’t pulled the trigger. This is a program/coach/player/school issue that shows how unorganized the Uconn b-ball program has become. The train is way off the tracks there and Hurley has major work to do to get things going in the right direction. If you are a 5star 1or2 year kid do you want to take the risk that he can turn it around that fast while you are there?

Check my last post. Everyone around Akok is pushing hard for UConn yet he is obviously unsure about making that decision because he hasn’t pulled the trigger. This is a program/coach/player/school issue that shows how unorganized the Uconn b-ball program has become. The train is way off the tracks there and Hurley has major work to do to get things going in the right direction. If you are a 5star 1or2 year kid do you want to take the risk that he can turn it around that fast while you are there?
Your lips to god's ears!

I was one of the ones that thought if we got Guerrier, we'd be OK without Akok. But if we could somehow reel him in as well that'd be incredible

Thinking about it more, great post jordoo.

Hurley will turn UConn around, but will it be next year? There is no doubt he will get playing time there, but the talent around him wouldn't be close to the talent around him at Syracuse. UConn will lose arguably their best player (although I wouldn't be surprised if Gilbert is better than Adams this year). We will be loaded again and Akok would be a nice piece to that puzzle, for UConn he will most likely will be the #1 front court option; here, he might not be that, will that bother him? It will take Hurley 2-3 years to turn this roster into his, does Akok want to go through a 17/18 win season in his 1 year in college?

Come on Akok and IS...the icing and the sprinkles. My God...how great would it be if Akok committed to us before the UConn game and we destroy them by 30!

that is far from a given
It is. I meant more that I think he's better than Ollie. They'll never be what they were in the Big East or what say Gonzaga is now, but Ollie was absolutely a joke.

It feels like we are grasping at straws here. Even if UConn was miraculously not the pick second seems to be PITT with us third

What? I'd love if it were true but how could that be related?

What if it's an academic thing, Wilson may become ineligible and this kid is one of Akok's best friends on the team? That would be how.

What if it's an academic thing, Wilson may become ineligible and this kid is one of Akok's best friends on the team? That would be how.

I thought they were speculating failed drug tests.

Damn loose lip pilot you are.

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend why this player would consider signing with UConn. Great history, but it has been an irrelevant, troubled program the past five+ years or so, and I just had to google to even remind myself what conference they’re in. The list of teams they play against is... not so compelling. If you’re a talented player with options, why UConn? It’s like getting out of caltech and choosing to work for AOL instead of, well, google.

Come on, Akok—think bigger.
[No joke intended.]

For the life of me, I cannot comprehend why this player would consider signing with UConn. Great history, but it has been an irrelevant, troubled program the past five+ years or so, and I just had to google to even remind myself what conference they’re in. The list of teams they play against is... not so compelling. If you’re a talented player with options, why UConn? It’s like getting out of caltech and choosing to work for AOL instead of, well, google.

Come on, Akok—think bigger.
[No joke intended.]
I hate UConn...but this post is, how can i put this, a little misplaced.
They are still UConn, and recent conference affiliation not withstanding, they won a NC just 4 years ago.
Let’s at least be real about our assessments re their program. If Hurley can turn it around, they’ll return to relevancy, probably in a Memphis, Gonzaga, or Butler-type of way. MBB is different. Make the Dance, and anything can happen.
Will they be the UConn of the OBE? Probably and most likely, NOT. But if he recruits well they’ll be in the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.