Class of 2019 - PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF/C Dimon Carrigan (MA/JUCO) to FIU then WVU

I’m shocked by this...however it seems to me in the back of Boeheims mind he isn’t going to get burned by Stewart or Akok. He wants to make sure he gets quality players and will regardless of what these guys do. I’m glad to see they are offering multiple talented guys

so does that mean he intends to matriculate for 2018-19? if not, he'll burn 2 more semesters if he stays in juco for another year.

so many questions . . . is this a new offer, or is dimon (or his camp) referring to the original offer?
if it's real and it's a new offer, that would indicate to me that the staff is not so sure on the qudus/stewart/kai front . . . unless it is out there as a way of putting pressure on one or more of those three
so many questions (fwiw . . . i'm skeptical for now that this is a new/real offer)

Last edited:
Love this...BUT this must mean JB has a feel on who is doing what as far as who we are recruiting now. While this feels like a plan C or D, this kid as a player is not that! Very good with all the skills just has had to take a different path to get here...still very strange and not expected but I love the activity of JB! This one just got even more interesting!

A name from the past. Interesting player with strength. Surprising that he is on the radar although he has been on the Syracuse portion of Verbal Commits for the past two years. I half expect the next name to resurface will be Quade Green because UK has recruited over him for this year and next.

A name from the past. Interesting player with strength. Surprising that he is on the radar although he has been on the Syracuse portion of Verbal Commits for the past two years. I half expect the next name to resurface will be Quade Green because UK has recruited over him for this year and next.
My god...

Quade Green Thread pt. III

so does that mean he intends to matriculate for 2018-19? if not, he'll burn 2 more semesters if he stays in juco for another year.

so many questions . . . is this a new offer, or is dimon (or his camp) referring to the original offer?
if it's real and it's a new offer, that would indicate to me that the staff is not so sure on the qudus/stewart/kai front . . . unless it is out there as a way of putting pressure on one or more of those three
so many questions (fwiw . . . i'm skeptical for now that this is a new/real offer)
It might also mean that circumstances have changed.

But you are probably right.

It might also mean that circumstances have changed.

But you are probably right.
Probably some to a lot of truth about the circumstances have changed. If Dimon is truly being recruited, then it could mean that Cockburn, Wahab, Jones and Stewart have said “No, Thank You” to Syracuse.

Probably some to a lot of truth about the circumstances have changed. If Dimon is truly being recruited, then it could mean that Cockburn, Wahab, Jones and Stewart have said “No, Thank You” to Syracuse.

I was referring more to circumstances changing around Carrigan being eligible.

The staff really liked him last year -- that they are getting re-involved suggests [per Moqui's point above, if the tweet is accurate and not "old news"] that something has changed to make them think that this kid will be available to play. We've seen in the past that the staff will drop players like a hot potato if they think there are prospective eligibility challenges.

This kid isn't as tall as Wahab, Jones, etc. -- but he is an elite shotblocker who would be a great fit in our system. As a prospect, he's on par with them -- not a fall back option.

Jones said no before he visited?

Carrigan is a legit good prospect and is a 5.

2 of the guys above are a 4.

I don't see us getting Stewart or Kofi Cockburn, but I think Wahab and Jones are still in play, and I think Boeheim would take 2 big guys, particularly since Jones is more of a forward.

Jones said no before he visited?

Carrigan is a legit good prospect and is a 5.

2 of the guys above are a 4.

Just surmising but it may be possiblymore of Wahab leaving a negative vibe. Just guessing with no insight.

Options at the 5 are Stewart (can play 4 as well), wahab, Ajak and Dimon.

Options at the 4 are Jones and Akok.

Pretty sure kofi isnt in play for us anymore.

Wondering if after having wahab visit a couple days ago and JB talking with Stew just the other day that they have a sense that they are going a different way and that's why the recent Dimon offer? (If it is true)

So we land one of our targets at the 5 and and then whoever commits between jones/akok is our guy at the 4? Add goodine and guerrier and that's the class. Idk this is totally just my thinking...whatchya think? What are we looking at for available scholarships?

I don’t think so. Let’s not overreact here. No one has told us no, I’m not interested. Cockburn and Stewart are unlikely to choose Cuse. But we’re legitimately among the leaders for Wahab and Jones. I believe that. However, Carrigan is really good—and more of a grown man now—and we have a relationship with him already. The staff knows we need to have irons in the fire in case Wahab and Jones go elsewhere. Plan Bs are good. And Carrigan is good enough to be a Plan A.

We can sign 6 guys including Goodine assuming Oshae, Chukwu and Battle all leave. We really could have a huge class.

That's one of the reasons I'd like to see us bring in Ajak, even with another center. Kid might also benefit frmo redshirting.

Normally, I don't like having large classes like this -- creates too much roster imbalance, and its tough to keep all of those guys happy.

I don’t think so. Let’s not overreact here. No one has told us no, I’m not interested. Cockburn and Stewart are unlikely to choose Cuse. But we’re legitimately among the leaders for Wahab and Jones. I believe that. However, Carrigan is really good—and more of a grown man now—and we have a relationship with him already. The staff knows we need to have irons in the fire in case Wahab and Jones go elsewhere. Plan Bs are good. And Carrigan is good enough to be a Plan A.

Yeah, I like this re: Carrigan. He’s probably more ready to contribute from day 1 than everybody except for Stewart and maybe Kofi. This could be JB just not willing to wait around for too much longer and being aggressive with the offers. I like Carrigan more than the others not named Stewart/Kofi in terms of a 5.

Just surmising but it may be possiblymore of Wahab leaving a negative vibe. Just guessing with no insight.
I think that might be the case. Sounds like they’re getting the vibe that Wahab could be tough to land, so now focusing on Jones and re-opening the Carrigan lines.

Apparently the interest is real on his end, and we're one of only three offers he has. He's one of the best rim protectors I have ever seen in my life, would be a menace in the middle of our zone. Just hope his off the court checks out.