Class of 2023 - PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This recruitment has never felt like it would end well. You don’t get involved this late, unless you’re Duke, and have success.
Didn’t Providence only get involved this summer as well?!? Most of the schools are new to his recruitment.

If it’s a live period, this is a situation where JB and GMac getting on the jet on Monday and going out to Southern Cal to see Fielder at his prep school would make a huge difference. Gotta make sure they get that official visit. But JB just doesn’t do the hard work anymore.

Last edited:
If it’s a live period, this is a situation where JB and GMac getting on the jet on Monday and going out to Southern Cal to see Fielder at his prep school would make a huge difference. Gotta make sure that get that official visit. But JB just doesn’t do the hard work anymore.
Bring Red, too. Show this kid that he’s a priority.

Let’s suppose he chooses Providence tomorrow. He supposedly wanted to go to Gonzaga. Providence offered. There was interest in BC. Anyone seeing a pattern of perhaps something he highly values?

Let’s suppose he chooses Providence tomorrow. He supposedly wanted to go to Gonzaga. Providence offered. There was interest in BC. Anyone seeing a pattern of perhaps something he highly values?
He also visited USC

Last edited:
Now? It’s been years…
Providence made sweet 16 last year - first time since 1997

1997 sweet 16
2016 - round of 32
2022 - sweet 16

no other years past first round - not exactly lighting it up

Very disappointing. Cooley recruited him well. Flew out to CA, brought him to Providence during their biggest party weekend of the year, and I'm guessing during that panic moment where Fielder said he didn't want to visit Cooley figured out a way to make NIL assurances. Then pressured him into a quick commitment and to cancel his other visits so another school couldn't come up with something better.

That, or the kid lost his v-card on the visit and doesn't ever want to leave.

It’s hard to believe that SU lost two good recruits, not great to Xavier and Providence. These recruits are not top 30 and fighting against Blue Bloods. If this doesn’t tell JW there’s a problem, I’m not sure how much evidence he needs that this is a sinking ship. Preseason ACC polls have us out of the top 10 in our league. We use to be top 10 in the country.

Look, loved his tape but really this guy burst on to the scene at the beginning of the summer. We were hot and heavy with JP at the time and I’m sure staff felt there was a good chance JP would choose SU. They literally pivoted the day JP chose Tennessee. Who knows what effect a visit from JB would have made. You can only surmise. Other head coaches visited with him and they came up empty too. I can see the point of not solely relying on meeting the head coach when the kid visits, but I’m not sure it would have made a difference in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom