Class of 2023 - PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF/C Drew Fielder (CA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
He plays exactly like JP but just not at JP’s level. He’d be a great start for the 2023 class!

The odds are very slim he will come from the west coast to SU. This is pretty late to get involved.

The odds are very slim he will come from the west coast to SU. This is pretty late to get involved.
I’m guessing the staff has some idea of his interest or they wouldn’t waste their time. He is also involved with other East Coast schools. Agree that it seems late but then again Iowa offered yesterday.

Kid is taking an official to Syracuse. Not an exotic locale to take a fun trip.
Where have you read he’s taking an official visit to SU? I’ve seen or read nothing. SU just offered.

From the SI article:

The 6-10, 210 pounder has an official scheduled to USC this weekend and will look to take more officials this month. Syracuse is in line to get one of those visits.
I interpreted that to mean Syracuse is one of the schools trying to get him to take an OV, not that he already decided to take an OV. I could be wrong though.

I interpreted that to mean Syracuse is one of the schools trying to get him to take an OV, not that he already decided to take an OV. I could be wrong though.
I interpret it to mean that, as it stands now, Syracuse would get a visit. It isn't locked in, but it's very likely. Then again, other offers can come in and change everything.

USC just today landed a highly regarded C prospect from Europe (Russia maybe?) for '22 - not sure if that affects Fielder at all

USC just today landed a highly regarded C prospect from Europe (Russia maybe?) for '22 - not sure if that affects Fielder at all
Yeah, maybe he doesn’t like Russians.

It's a fine line, a kid with Fielder's skills probably doesn't want to get stuck playing the 5 all the time. On the other hand, if you recruit too many big men, his path to playing time might be more difficult.

Hard to say what his situation is, since we only met him tonight. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom