Class of 2018 - PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 PF/C Osun Osunniyi (CT) to St. Bonaventure

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not make sense to you but it may to him. Could be immediate playing time this year there. They have already signed one of his aau teammates. There are rumors St Bonnie might be signing a Lasalle Asst to an asst job there. Could be any number of reasons. Let’s hope JB can convince him that while he may not have a big role this year, he would going forward.
More Reasons to Attend St Bonaventure Instead of Syracuse
Brown make my eyes pop.
Uncomfortable playing in front of crowds larger than 4,000 people.
Confused by towns with more than one stop light.
Like women with mustaches.

More like come Battle for playing time.
i think you have to be bluntly honest with kids. they know what the roster situation is; you have to sell your ability to develop him and what you can do for him long term. if they want immediate pt, then you are fighting up hill from the start.

Based on this kids trajectory of late I think the selling point is the opportunity to come right in and compete for major minutes in addition to adding depth. Plus the following year becomes a major part of the team.

i think you have to be bluntly honest with kids. they know what the roster situation is; you have to sell your ability to develop him and what you can do for him long term. if they want immediate pt, then you are fighting up hill from the start.

Agreed. And not all kids are going to be frightened of competition. I'd try to sell the kid on the developmental benefits of playing against a 7-2 guy every day in practice -- and how he might not ever square off against anybody taller the rest of his career. You have NBA aspirations? Then come here and play against prospective NBA bigs every day and test your mettle. Come play in the toughest conference in college basketball, where you'll be locking horns in the paint against pro prospects every game.

Have to emphasize that he'll have to earn his minutes, that nothing will be handed to him, but that he'll be given the opportunity to compete.

Last edited:
The selling point for this kid over the Bonnies, is the ability to play in the ACC, with a hall of fame coach, television exposure, and the ability to develop into an NBA talent if he works hard. Who was the last Bonnies player to make it in the NBA? This should be a no brainer. Losing this guy won't make or break us, but we should NEVER lose a recruit to SBU. NEVER. I can see losing Golden to Butler. Butler has a good program, immediate playing time, etc. When was the last time SB was a force in college basketball????

I think they are honest to each recruit. And you’re assuming the recruits are naive to not know who’s their competition at their position.

Our PT pitch, I'm sure, will be something like, worst case scenario (Sidibe healthy) you develop for a year and play an important role next year. Best case scenario (Sidibe hurt) you play back up this year and start next year.

That's not a bad pitch by any means.

I think they are honest to each recruit. And you’re assuming the recruits are naive to not know who’s their competition at their position.
no, i'm saying that they absolutely do know who is there. and they know the habits and patterns of the coach, as well. they are smart and well informed and you can't deceive them like fans deceive themselves.

no, i'm saying that they absolutely do know who is there. and they know the habits and patterns of the coach, as well. they are smart and well informed and you can't deceive them like fans deceive themselves.
Im with you. We also have no idea what they’re told all we do is generalize.

The backup has a history of injury problems and his future is uncertain. This is our insurance policy.
It is questionable at best if surgery will fix the tendonitis. Even with a healthy Sid, Chewy is gone after next season. We really need this guy.

The selling point for this kid over the Bonnies, is the ability to play in the ACC, with a hall of fame coach, television exposure, and the ability to develop into an NBA talent if he works hard. Who was the last Bonnies player to make it in the NBA? This should be a no brainer. Losing this guy won't make or break us, but we should NEVER lose a recruit to SBU. NEVER. I can see losing Golden to Butler. Butler has a good program, immediate playing time, etc. When was the last time SB was a force in college basketball????
I like that.

If you have rational confidence in your abilities, shoot for the moon first. Come to Syracuse. If you can't hack it, transfer after a couple of years of giving yourself that prime opportunity. A Bonaventure-level school will always be available, and BJ, Buss, Bookworm Assassin are the proof of that.

We offer 30k+ with prime matchups. 25k for run of the mill opponents. The freakin' Dome, son.
JB's last hurrah. Established teammates. Highest level of competition. Track record for putting dudes into the league. Newhouse if you wanna be a talker later. St. Bonaventure? I literally just had to google where the F St. Bonaventure is... And think about it, Osun — for the rest of your life, when it comes up: where did you go to college, what's going to give you more pride? Saying "Syracuse" or "St. Bonaventure?" Lastly, Sal's Birdland.

I like that.

If you have rational confidence in your abilities, shoot for the moon first. Come to Syracuse. If you can't hack it, transfer after a couple of years of giving yourself that prime opportunity. A Bonaventure-level school will always be available, and BJ, Buss, Bookworm Assassin are the proof of that.

We offer 30k+ with prime matchups. 25k for run of the mill opponents. The freakin' Dome, son.
JB's last hurrah. Established teammates. Highest level of competition. Track record for putting dudes into the league. Newhouse if you wanna be a talker later. St. Bonaventure? I literally just had to google where the St. Bonaventure is... And think about it, Osun — for the rest of your life, when it comes up: where did you go to college, what's going to give you more pride? Saying "Syracuse" or "St. Bonaventure?" Lastly, Sal's Birdland.
That alone should be enough.

I like that.

JB's last hurrah. Established teammates. Highest level of competition. Track record for putting dudes into the league. Newhouse if you wanna be a talker later. St. Bonaventure? I literally just had to google where the St. Bonaventure is... And think about it, Osun — for the rest of your life, when it comes up: where did you go to college, what's going to give you more pride? Saying "Syracuse" or "St. Bonaventure?" Lastly, Sal's Birdland.

Not to mention by the time he leaves 'Cuse tuition will be close to 250K a year so he'll have a million dollar education.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.