Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 118 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I have no clue why someone so close to his parents goes thousands of miles away. Makes absolutely no sense.

Anyone who doesnt think Hop is gonna get the first phone call when JB retires...is LYING to themselves
No doubt, BUT, does he answer?

I think he’s going to be tough to move.

Lose a kid in your backyard to a vastly inferior program and conference. The assistants need to be on notice. Recruiting has to get better.
Although there is a lack of recruiting...given that it is Hopkins...he has established relationships with these guys. I would hope his pipeline to upstate is reduced over time. He has probably recruited this kid for 5 years.

Lose a kid in your backyard to a vastly inferior program and conference. The assistants need to be on notice. Recruiting has to get better.

I wasn't aware that La Porte, Indiana is now in our backyard.

Although there is a lack of recruiting...given that it is Hopkins...he has established relationships with these guys. I would hope his pipeline to upstate is reduced over time. He has probably recruited this kid for 5 years.
Upstate hasn't always had this many good recruits. It goes in cycles. Eventually Hop won't have anyone else here to go after. His pipeline will dry up.

Eh. The assistant who started recruiting him here is the one who got him. Not your typical scenario.
No it isn't. I mean, it feels a little strange to have Hop exploiting his SU connections to edge us out for a program-changing recruit like this. And from the kid's standpoint, why travel to the pacific ocean to get a slice of the staff when you can have the whole thing 60 miles away. Oye.

Last edited:
Eh. The assistant who started recruiting him here is the one who got him. Not your typical scenario.
Speaking of which and maybe I’m wrong but when Allen Griffin was hired to replace Hop wasn’t there some buzz about Naz Carter following Grif here? Instead, Carter ends up recruiting IS to follow him to Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.