Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 67 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine he'd scare off IS. Don't see him as helping either though, not really someone that would compliment Stewart. To me... it's a non-factor.
Actually, he can be a factor as well as Rocket Watts who is also rumored to be going to Michigan State. With two 5 star players, Michigan State can be very attractive to Isiah Stewart because they will definitely be a qualified competitive team to vey for 2019-2020 NCAA championship.

Looks to me like he likes the commitment (stew and rocket watts comments) dont think this hurts there chances at all. Probably helps them.
Screenshot_20181101-175016_Instagram.jpg

Actually, he can be a factor as well as Rocket Watts who is also rumored to be going to Michigan State. With two 5 star players, Michigan State can be very attractive to Isiah Stewart because they will definitely be a qualified competitive team to vey for 2019-2020 NCAA championship.
I'm not sure what you're going for here. Obviously Mich st is a good program and will have some other good players around. That's why I said this guy is a non-factor. He's a nice player. But everyone fully expects MSU to pull some guys like this every year. However, he is niether so good as to become a "Ohhh wow I get to play with THAT guy" factor. Nor a player that would chase Stewart away because of either a disappointing class or another great player at his position he might worry about eating his minutes or touches. Hence... MSU is still exactly who you'd expect them to be, before and after this commitment.

I'm not sure what you're going for here. Obviously Mich st is a good program and will have some other good players around. That's why I said this guy is a non-factor. He's a nice player. But everyone fully expects MSU to pull some guys like this every year. However, he is niether so good as to become a "Ohhh wow I get to play with THAT guy" factor. Nor a player that would chase Stewart away because of either a disappointing class or another great player at his position he might worry about eating his minutes or touches. Hence... MSU is still exactly who you'd expect them to be, before and after this commitment.
When Isiah Stewart went on his Michigan State visit, I read Rocket Watts was on the trip and they talked about playing together at Michigan St. Playing with another 5star is enticing. then they added Malik Hall whose is another 5star. Having 3 players that are 5 stars or high 4stars is a nice start (not including the players already there) towards a great team for 1-4 years, provided-that chemistry among those players exists.

That said, I would prefer Stewart or Akok Akok play at Syracuse

When Isiah Stewart went on his Michigan State visit, I read Rocket Watts was on the trip and they talked about playing together at Michigan St. Playing with another 5star is enticing. then they added Malik Hall whose is another 5star. Having 3 players that are 5 stars or high 4stars is a nice start (not including the players already there) towards a great team for 1-4 years, provided-that chemistry among those players exists.

That said, I would prefer Stewart or Akok Akok play at Syracuse
Malik Hall is not a 5 star.

Sounds equally good to me for Syracuse, but then again, I have no idea where this player will end up.

At Cuse with Stewart at the 5 he would be surrounded by shooters at all positions in Carey/Goodine, Boeheim/Girard, Guerrier/Braswell and Hughes/Marek*. It would be very difficult for teams to be able to double Stewart with all those shooters on the floor.

*Marek is becoming a respectable shooter. Book it!

Status
Not open for further replies.