Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

"It has to be
Isaiah Stewart
. While the value of
Will Baker
cannot be understated, it is primarily a two-team race with UCLA and Texas, so the domino effect is not as great. With Stewart, things are a bit different thanks to the slew of top name programs in the mix.

Stewart just visited Kentucky this weekend and has already tripped to Washington. He may decide between those two in the coming weeks. He could also stretch it out and consider the schools he has visited unofficially -- Syracuse, Duke, Michigan State, Villanova and Indiana.
For those that miss, they would obviously pursue other options and also place an even greater priority on its remaining targets.
If Stewart picks Washington, the effects will be felt at several program. Kentucky needs at least two frontcourt players;
Jaden McDaniels
Oscar Tshiebwe
Vernon Carey
and
James Wiseman
become even more prudent for their long-term success. Duke needs to get Carey; Michigan State must get Carey or Trayce Jackson-Davis; Syracuse needs Akok Akok, John Bol Ajak or Quincy Guerrier; Villanova might just be playing with house money; lastly, Indiana needs to get Jackson-Davis.

Stay tuned because one domino like Stewart going down changes the entire dynamics of things this fall."

[Syracuse needs Akok Akok, John Bol Ajak or Quincy Guerrier;]

This is interesting when I think back to a post saying that if we get QG, we will not get AA. Can't remember who said that, but it may make sense from a PT perspective, unless AA is ok being a 5 for us. It would be a crowded front court next year with both alongside EH, MD, RB, and somewhat possible OB.

[Syracuse needs Akok Akok, John Bol Ajak or Quincy Guerrier;]

This is interesting when I think back to a post saying that if we get QG, we will not get AA. Can't remember who said that, but it may make sense from a PT perspective, unless AA is ok being a 5 for us. It would be a crowded front court next year with both alongside EH, MD, RB, and somewhat possible OB.
Wouldn't we slot Q at the 3?

"It has to be
Isaiah Stewart
. While the value of
Will Baker
cannot be understated, it is primarily a two-team race with UCLA and Texas, so the domino effect is not as great. With Stewart, things are a bit different thanks to the slew of top name programs in the mix.

Stewart just visited Kentucky this weekend and has already tripped to Washington. He may decide between those two in the coming weeks. He could also stretch it out and consider the schools he has visited unofficially -- Syracuse, Duke, Michigan State, Villanova and Indiana.
For those that miss, they would obviously pursue other options and also place an even greater priority on its remaining targets.
If Stewart picks Washington, the effects will be felt at several program. Kentucky needs at least two frontcourt players;
Jaden McDaniels
Oscar Tshiebwe
Vernon Carey
and
James Wiseman
become even more prudent for their long-term success. Duke needs to get Carey; Michigan State must get Carey or Trayce Jackson-Davis; Syracuse needs Akok Akok, John Bol Ajak or Quincy Guerrier; Villanova might just be playing with house money; lastly, Indiana needs to get Jackson-Davis.

Stay tuned because one domino like Stewart going down changes the entire dynamics of things this fall."

Interesting that Evans views Washington as a serious player for Stewart. I know he and Nahz Carter are really close but no one was taking UW seriously even as of a week ago.

Interesting that Evans views Washington as a serious player for Stewart. I know he and Nahz Carter are really close but no one was taking UW seriously even as of a week ago.
If Hop winning the Pac12 coach of the year award wasn't enough to say he's legit, landing Stewart would be massive for Washington and Hopkins. If Stewart doesn't come to Syracuse, I'd much prefer Hop to land him than the Pukies and Paypal Cal.

Hes already taken 2 officials...why so quiet on his visit schedule? Not much chatter on how his recruitment is going and what's next for him.

Duke or kentucky bound
I’ve been told that Hopkins and Washington made a huge impression on Stewart, so much so that they are now a major player in this recruitment. I for one think that if he isn’t going to Syracuse, there is nowhere else I would rather see him go than to UW and play for Hop. I hope Hop kills it out west and comes back to coach the cuse when JB retires.

Is no one backing off Stewart now that it is public record that La Lumiere is dirty? I know he got there after the coach who definitely paid players was gone, but can anybody else explain why a kid from Upstate NY shuns the NEPSAC and other established places to suddenly go to a prep school in Indiana that previously nobody on Earth had ever heard of?

Is no one backing off Stewart now that it is public record that La Lumiere is dirty? I know he got there after the coach who definitely paid players was gone, but can anybody else explain why a kid from Upstate NY shuns the NEPSAC and other established places to suddenly go to a prep school in Indiana that previously nobody on Earth had ever heard of?

They'll deal with the consequences later. Ethics are few and far in between at this level.

Maybe he’s a big Beauty and the Beast fan.

Would be great to see him land in Washington. I’d really love for Hop to become a national power.

I wouldn’t

Weird, but alright. Wish Hop nothing but success unless it’s against us. He gave everything he had to the University. Grateful for everything he did, and he’s a great guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.