Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so he's been positive he was going to UK for a long time... so all he needed his other visits for was to get free trips around the country. But then he visits UK and he hates it... so he decides to visit what had been his 2nd choice and now 1st choice? Yeah I'm trying to spin it anyway I can. Lol

I don’t think he was ever going to UK. All I know is their fans are extremely salty that he visited Cuse and Washington on twitter and are saying he doesn’t like competition lol.

I'm pumped we are getting one! Maybe jg3 has more to do with it then we all thought? It does seem a bit strange that it was such a quick one and out of the blue. He didnt release when he was visiting and so on. Feels like he had to come home to Rochester and because he was here hes giving us a courtesy visit and making the drive to cuse to see us (if he is that's fine as long as we have a chance to give him our best pitch) but like some have said, maybe he really is interested in teaming up with jg3? Regardless I'm happy our staff has a fighting chance and can tell him to stay local and be a legend!
I think this is the reason why the Carrigan commitment is on hold. If Stewart goes elsewhere as expected, then Carrigan is next man up

I don’t think he was ever going to UK. All I know is their fans are extremely salty that he visited Cuse and Washington on twitter and are saying he doesn’t like competition lol.

When Coleman picked Cuse I had a Kentucky fan tell me that the bright lights and pressure of Kentucky aren’t for everybody and everybody is not built for that and blah blah blah. Those people are legit insane. I don’t think anyone in that fanbase has ever left the Kentucky state borders.

A
B
C
hdmcyixkmvi11.jpg

I believe over the summer there was a lot of buzz that Girard and Stewart wanted to play on the same team in college because of their familiarity with each other on City Rocks. Now everyone seems to think were in a good spot with JG3, maybe he can help us get Stewart???

I believe over the summer there was a lot of buzz that Girard and Stewart wanted to play on the same team in college because of their familiarity with each other on City Rocks. Now everyone seems to think were in a good spot with JG3, maybe he can help us get Stewart???

If "a lot of buzz" = assumption based on the fact they played together, ok.

I think JG3's decision will not be a factor. Stewart's decision will be exclusively about Stewart

It may be a visit just to be sure he doesn’t want to come to SU but it’s still an official visit which means it’s another chance to make a positive impression. Three things that will help are how cohesive our currant squad is, all Cuse/family staff and Girard. I’m still in the camp that it’s a looong shot but if UK and Duke are out which seems likely then against UW/Nova/MSU I’d think we have a punchers chance to make a big splash late. I’m sure my Orange enthusiasm is over riding some of the logical functions of my brain but hay you’ve got to have hope.

How awesome would it be to have Zay commit. Even if Jordoo's right (he's visiting to confirm ruling us out), that means we're high enough on his list that he needs to make SURE we're not the school for him. Even that is better than where we sat a month ago.

OTOH, if he's seriously considering the 'Cuse, the Girard/home factors may be coming back to him. With Duh-k and UK fading and him rocking an official in October, our chances just shot up. That may be the reason the staff tapped the brakes with Carrigan.

How awesome would it be to have Zay commit. Even if Jordoo's right (he's visiting to confirm ruling us out), that means we're high enough on his list that he needs to make SURE we're not the school for him. Even that is better than where we sat a month ago.

OTOH, if he's seriously considering the 'Cuse, the Girard/home factors may be coming back to him. With Duh-k and UK fading and him rocking an official in October, our chances just shot up. That may be the reason the staff tapped the brakes with Carrigan.
I actually think the home thing works against us. I'm not saying he doesn't come here. Just that our location isn't necessarily the plus we hope it is.

I actually think the home thing works against us. I'm not saying he doesn't come here. Just that our location isn't necessarily the plus we hope it is.

Yeah it’s actually a factor we need to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.