Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting Stewart would be huge, not sure he is a one and done, 6'9" PF's who can't shout the 3 ball very proficiently have a hard time breaking into the league, not saying he can't develop the outside shot but it will take time. Their are only a few energy guys at PF that have carved a niche out in the league, Kenneth Faried comes to mind.

If theyre hung up on position, I think they’re behind the times.

Guys like him play center in today’s NBA...whatever that means.

Regardless, he needs to be able to move those feet defensively on the perimeter. Jahlil Okafor sits the bench because he can’t. He’d be 18-20 ppg in the NBA right now if this was 2008.

He’s a Top 5 player in this class. You play him anywhere if you can get him.
I think he's more like 240, not 270. But either way, our system requires the 5 to run out to cover the corner whenever there are two shooters on the weak side. That might be harder than guarding the wing/baseline against a 3. So whether he comes in at the 4 or 5, there's no free lunch in the zone.

Last edited:
Hello all. This is my first ever post so don't kill me. But i am wondering if anybody has heard or seen ANYTHING confirming Isiah was/is on campus yesterday or today or for the scrimmage friday night. Ovviously i saw his twitter pic saying visit on 13th and the Syracuse.com pop up article in reply but i havent seen a pic of him on campus, none of the other players coaches etc mentioned him on campus etc etc etc. Just curious as i feel he would be the bridge to a MASSIVE recruiting class. Thanks guys

Not gonna lie, pretty shocked at SU getting an official visit.

Not really sure what it means either...like, why does he need to use one on the “hometown” school? He must know everything about it at this point, having been recruited here for years now.

Why use up one of your officials to come here...unless we are really, really one of his top options?

Again, shocking to me (in great way) & a bit confusing. Either way, great work by the staff on this cause this kid is the real freaking deal.

Anybody heard anything? Picked up anything from social media about the visit? Will we see the classic pictures of him in his 44 jersey on his instagram?

I hope Stewart is on his way to Glens Falls sitting next to Girard when he pulls out two Syracuse caps!

I dont see it happening. BUT, the last time a top 10 recruit joined a little white kid with balls as big as king kong it worked out pretty good for us :)
m2.jpg

He’s a Julius Randle type. Maybe more athletic. There’s a place for him here, the pros, anywhere. You get him on the roster and make it work. Damn zone or no zone.
Did you see the video of his vertical?

Post players in the NBA have to be able to guard on the perimeter and handle the pick and roll.

If the hangup with Cuse is that he doesn’t want to play the middle of the zone, then don’t play him in the middle of the zone. If he can’t get out on the corner and come up on the wing, then he won’t be able to handle NBA pick and rolls.

I think he’ll get out on the corner/wing well enough.

Let’s score some friggin points for once, regardless.
One year at SU doesn't change those abilities. Not sure Zach Randolph was a great defender at the 4 in college.

Did you see the video of his vertical?

I’ve seen many clips of him. He’s still arguably better right now than a seasoned Arinze, IMO, and Arinze was fine here. He moves way better than him and already has a knack for scoring in the post. I’m just sick of beanpoles back there.

Last edited:
Michigan St. is just so boring and dull. Very strong and successful program, but...blah. Nothing about them is any fun.

Uh, if you are talking a dud laid by them against the zone in the Tourney than yes. Otherwise, they are anything but dull overall as of late. Some of the better offenses and scoring teams that Izzo has had the past few years. Defense and rebounding is also strong. Challenge themselves OOC always. Much more exciting a brand of b-ball than say Wisconsin.

Hello all. This is my first ever post so don't kill me. But i am wondering if anybody has heard or seen ANYTHING confirming Isiah was/is on campus yesterday or today or for the scrimmage friday night. Ovviously i saw his twitter pic saying visit on 13th and the Syracuse.com pop up article in reply but i havent seen a pic of him on campus, none of the other players coaches etc mentioned him on campus etc etc etc. Just curious as i feel he would be the bridge to a MASSIVE recruiting class. Thanks guys
Was here. Heard he was going out to dinner with coaches and team last night. He posted picture of himself on his Twitter in Cuse uniform. All I know

Gave you your first like. Welcome to orangehood

Uh, if you are talking a dud laid by them against the zone in the Tourney than yes. Otherwise, they are anything but dull overall as of late. Some of the better offenses and scoring teams that Izzo has had the past few years. Defense and rebounding is also strong. Challenge themselves OOC always. Much more exciting a brand of b-ball than say Wisconsin.

Cmon, facts don’t matter. Let me hot take negative recruit those Big Ten rock-head jerks!

Status
Not open for further replies.