Class of 2019 - PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 PF Isaiah Stewart (NY/LaLumiereIN) to Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.
How exactly does Hop recommend the kid to SU after he announces his decision?

If the kid eliminates UW from consideration, maybe Hop steers him to SU. For example if it comes down to SU and UK.

this is nonsense, no offense to the poster intended, why would the kid follow hop's "advice" to go to su after rejecting hop's pitch to go to uw ????

Because maybe Hop would put in a good word for his alma mater.

Because... there is no real news... probably won't be for a while... and we REALLY REALLY want there to be good news. So we will find it.
i think there has been plenty of good news as both you and i amongst other have previously posted. now, of course, we do not have definitive news, but i think it is fair to say that we have gone from being all but out of his recruitment to probably having as good a shot as almost anybody else. no clearcut favorite imho.

i think there has been plenty of good news as both you and i amongst other have previously posted. now, of course, we do not have definitive news, but i think it is fair to say that we have gone from being all but out of his recruitment to probably having as good a shot as almost anybody else. no clearcut favorite imho.
My mainly joking point is that all the good news lately has us collectively excited and ready for more and then... we have to wait for more. No matter how much we want Guerrier, Stewart, or Akok to commit NOW... we can do nothing really but theorize.

So let's sum up:
Seemingly a very hastily arranged "Official" visit to SU after many thought we were out of it, on the heels of a trip to UK with no commitment and reportedly no further interest on IS's part in UK.
IS "loved" his "Official"to SU.
IS is close to his family who are 1.5 hours away from potentially seeing his every home game for as long as he is at SU.
IS can't help but be aware that this SU team is very well regarded.
IS is close to current SU players BB, JGIII and HW as former teammates creating comfort.
IS reportedly has a very good relationship with the entire SU staff.
IS has a good relationship with Hop but Washington is some what more than a 1.5 hour drive.
IS can reasonably assume OB and with virtual certainty Paschal will be gone, lots of playing time at the 4/5.

I am speculating that the combination of proximity, Duke's not closing on JGIII and the UK visit not leading to further recruitment were game changers leading to the "Official" at SU. FWIW

Personally, I feel we have as good a shot as anybody.

Dont think this one has been shared yet but definitely worth the watch.

What really catches my eye about this kid is how quick he is off his feet on his second, or even this third jump. Derrick Coleman was the best at that. Etan Thomas was awfully good at it, too. This kid is very bouncy and has such a game.

So let's sum up:
Seemingly a very hastily arranged "Official" visit to SU after many thought we were out of it, on the heels of a trip to UK with no commitment and reportedly no further interest on IS's part in UK.
IS is close to his family who are 1.5 hours away from potentially seeing his every home game for as long as he is at SU.
IS is close to current SU players BB, JGIII and HW as former teammates creating comfort.
IS has a good relationship with Hop but Washington is some what more than a 1.5 hour drive.
IS can reasonably assume OB and with virtual certainty Paschal will be gone, lots of playing time at the 4/5.

I am speculating that the combination of proximity, Duke's not closing on JGIII and the UK visit not leading to further recruitment were game changers leading to the "Official" at SU. FWIW

Good recap. Remember he is already half way across the country at prep school. Does that factor in his decision at all. Wants to play closer to home or is fine being away from family.

Good recap. Remember he is already half way across the country at prep school. Does that factor in his decision at all. Wants to play closer to home or is fine being away from family.

Maybe this is reading into the situation what suits my interests, but it almost seems as though he thought he wanted to get away from home; went to Indiana for a year and realized that he might not want to be that far away from home?? There is something to be said for being far enough away that your parents can't follow your every move, yet close enough that it isn't that hard to see friends and family when you want to.

Maybe this is reading into the situation what suits my interests, but it almost seems as though he thought he wanted to get away from home; went to Indiana for a year and realized that he might not want to be that far away from home?? There is something to be said for being far enough away that your parents can't follow your every move, yet close enough that it isn't that hard to see friends and family when you want to.
I am always shocked at any kid that goes to play x country. But it's what makes them comfortable.

Have some ground to make up here but I know a lot of kids say this but Stewart grew up a huge Cuse fan and the fact that we have Buddy and JG3 soon can’t be understated. He definitely hasn’t a comfort level at Cuse like no other school so it’s not for the lack of the coaches/players trying. I have no new info on him but from last I heard we still had some work to do but I ultimately think we end up with him...gut feeling
Gut feeling and new info has me feeling even better than this July 2nd post:rolleyes:

So let's sum up:

Most important, we got dad a birthday cake and showed the love and unity if Cuse family.

I’m glad he’s there because it gets the bug out of his butt to leave the area. Now he knows what it’s like to hit a big shot, look into the crowd,and not see any familiar faces vs being at Cuse and having very familiar faces on the court with him and in the crowd.

Lot more fun and fulfilling. I believe he comes. Mom and dad hugs after game can’t hurt.

Pitt tool basically saying we have no shot at Stewart...
Screenshot_2018-10-17-10-16-10.png
Screenshot_2018-10-17-10-16-17.png

Status
Not open for further replies.