Class of 2023 - PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered | Page 52 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 PF Joseph "JP" Estrella (ME / Brewster) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
“If I'm SUs next Ball coach, I would focus on the portal and save my NIL chest for the retention of existing players.”

I agree with this concept very much for a private school like Syracuse. With that being said, what attributes are most important for the next head coach to have? I would think it would be in game tactician and strategist much like UVA Coach Bennett.

With this new NIL big booster reality, I’m interested in the UVM coach John Becker who seems to be a great tactician with a winning head coach track record
Yep and a guy like Tommy Amaker has now proven he can coach and win with less in the Ivy League.

That listing is ocean beach. Thats a bit different than lakefront...Plus it isn't waterfront. Its a bock away.
Yeah true. Still prices there are insane. 400 thou probably gets you something in the lakes region.

Programs with boosters that lure in recruits with fat bags of cash will win games. Programs that don't, won't.

That's what will determine who we are in a decade. Everything else is a side show.
And it matters to everyone, even those like JP who say it doesn’t matter to get likeability points. anyone saying it doesn’t matter is just trying to make a good image, but will take the cash at the end of the day. Anyone can be bought if the price is right.

And it matters to everyone, even those like JP who say it doesn’t matter to get likeability points. anyone saying it doesn’t matter is just trying to make a good image, but will take the cash at the end of the day. Anyone can be bought if the price is right.
I think for 80% yes, but there are cases where play style and relationships win out. Pete Nance was rumored to be offered $750K-$1M from Alabama and was leaning towards them before his UNC visit.

“If I'm SUs next Ball coach, I would focus on the portal and save my NIL chest for the retention of existing players.”

I agree with this concept very much for a private school like Syracuse. With that being said, what attributes are most important for the next head coach to have? I would think it would be in game tactician and strategist much like UVA Coach Bennett.

With this new NIL big booster reality, I’m interested in the UVM coach John Becker who seems to be a great tactician with a winning head coach track record
Jim Boeheim is a bigger problem than NIL at this point. I get that doesn’t satisfy the narrative for your blog though.

We should have never left the big east
I agree. Although I hated the fact that the BE was beginning to be weak and was adding awful and random teams from across the country, we was a top team and brand in the BE which would have led to better name value and helped with recruiting. In the ACC we will never have the history, brand name and recognition that Duke and NC have. Virginia and it will be hard to catch Louisville and Virginia.

Programs with boosters that lure in recruits with fat bags of cash will win games. Programs that don't, won't.

That's what will determine who we are in a decade. Everything else is a side show.

So you’re proposal is that SU should cheat and not follow the NIL rules. Then what happens IF SU were to get caught and nailed? Then everyone can blame JB and JW. Sounds like the perfect plan for some.

I agree. Although I hated the fact that the BE was beginning to be weak and was adding awful and random teams from across the country, we was a top team and brand in the BE which would have led to better name value and helped with recruiting. In the ACC we will never have the history, brand name and recognition that Duke and NC have. Virginia and it will be hard to catch Louisville and Virginia.
Reid D picked a Big East school in part because he considered it more stable than the ACC.
UCon brought on its own problems. A better analogy is Nova. SU Bball would have been better off in the Big E. The ACC is a recruiting disadvantage for a NE school.

So you’re proposal is that SU should cheat and not follow the NIL rules. Then what happens IF SU were to get caught and nailed? Then everyone can blame JB and JW. Sounds like the perfect plan for some.

So should we just be rooting for a moral victory every year then? We badly need this class and this season, not next year or so on to be a major improvement. If neither then I guess we can point to not cheating and good memories. I'd like to see this program still be a true threat to win a title once or twice a decade and regularly be a top 25 team.

It's hard to see good things if dozens of programs are all in on the arms race.

Also not being a dick or unreasonable to pick a fight just looking at where things stand today..

“Boosters do what they are asked to do”

Interesting. While there is a collective made up of boosters, you can make them all donate nor donate enormous amounts if they don’t want too. You can’t dictate how someone spends their money.
So you think these people give NIL to recruits why? Maybe they have reasons for established stars but recruits no. They do it because the schools are wink and nod telling them they want this recruit and by the way if you can give them some NIL we will have a better shot. So yes they are being asked to do this.

So you think these people give NIL to recruits why? Maybe they have reasons for established stars but recruits no. They do it because the schools are wink and nod telling them they want this recruit and by the way if you can give them some NIL we will have a better shot. So yes they are being asked to do this.
It's the same people who have been paying recruits all along.

Reid D picked a Big East school in part because he considered it more stable than the ACC.
UCon brought on its own problems. A better analogy is Nova. SU Bball would have been better off in the Big E. The ACC is a recruiting disadvantage for a NE school.
The problem with staying in the Big East is that football drivees the bus. The big financial bus. Stating in the Big East would have been better for an older fan like me due to the rivalries I enjoyed over the years, but ACC Football money would be difficult to live without. I do not thin UCONN Hoops can support the athletic department there even if it returns to past glory. Syracuse sports had a very disappointing year last year. Not sure about this year but I I am always looking forward to see the results.

They’ve done it before. Why not again? Honestly, the fact some can’t come to grips that JB cheated before is hilarious to me. The holier than thou crap that people on this board throw out about SU not cheating to win is ridiculous.

The problem with staying in the Big East is that football drivees the bus. The big financial bus. Stating in the Big East would have been better for an older fan like me due to the rivalries I enjoyed over the years, but ACC Football money would be difficult to live without. I do not thin UCONN Hoops can support the athletic department there even if it returns to past glory. Syracuse sports had a very disappointing year last year. Not sure about this year but I I am always looking forward to see the results.
I agree. We had no choice without degrading football. As it will likely turn out we just postponed the inevitable at the cost of losing our title of Beast of the East. Unintended consequences are a bitch.

Our cheating was Bush league. We had no Kentucky / Kansas cash bags, Louisville whores, N. Carolina fake classes, etc.
But look how their programs are trending. While we are gone the other way

No he didn't. He picked Xavier because the staff screwed up and wanted someone else at the time.

Stop making excuses to drive personal narratives.

No he didn't. He picked Xavier because the staff screwed up and wanted someone else at the time.

While this is likely true, wth were the staff doing relative to Elmarko and Elijah prior to this
spring? The timelines suggest they offered Ducharme at the Elite camp last summer, and
offered the other two in April of this year. Both of those guys are in Jersey, it's not like
they had to travel to the west coast to recruit them. That's a fail all around on their part.

Kev

I agree. We had no choice without degrading football. As it will likely turn out we just postponed the inevitable at the cost of losing our title of Beast of the East. Unintended consequences are a bitch.
I think the Big East would have us back with open arms if i comes to that. For the sake of football and SU's coffers we all should hope it never comes to that.

I think the Big East would have us back with open arms if i comes to that. For the sake of football and SU's coffers we all should hope it never comes to that.
This is such a no-brainer that it makes me chuckle when it’s brought up…again!
We. Had. No. Choice.
Last I checked the NBE was making like $9 million per school. It would’ve been a fireable offense to refuse an ACC invite.
As an ACC member, we can always work and get the program back to winning ways. But once you’re stuck in sub-P3/P2 (B1G & SEC) territory, they’d be no way to survive. That’s the reality.

He gave a couple of reasons, in his own words, including stability. It is no secret that Clemson, Miami, FSU and others will probably receive richer offers. Football rules.
Bottom line is that a Cuse basketball offer is no longer what it once was. As a fringe top 100 player, in the old days, he might not even have been offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom