Class of 2025 - PF Matthew Gilhool (PA) Offered | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 PF Matthew Gilhool (PA) Offered

Only a couple of those guys would be considered “beefy”, even for those times. Alonzo was built, but I don’t think he would stand out physically now like he did then.
But the present day beefy guys would be in foul trouble guarding DC and Kemp while being dunked on.

But the present day beefy guys would be in foul trouble guarding DC and Kemp while being dunked on.
Probably, but my point is, back in the 80's players looked different. DC was definitely skinny coming in, but it didn't matter as much because he wasn't going up against a bunch of 250 lb freaks.

Only a couple of those guys would be considered “beefy”, even for those times. Alonzo was built, but I don’t think he would stand out physically now like he did then.
FWIW, Alonzo was 6-10 240 as a freshman at G'Town

Probably, but my point is, back in the 80's players looked different. DC was definitely skinny coming in, but it didn't matter as much because he wasn't going up against a bunch of 250
I get that you’re not trying to disrespect a different era, but guys in the 80s are the same size then as they are now. I know it is a narrative: bigger, faster, stronger … but humans and science/nutrition have not advanced that far in 30 years. Go look up the weights of those guys I listed.

I just don’t see anyone now that was somehow physically superior to those who played back then. Zach Edey? First of all, one guy. Wonder how he’d do against Shaq, who came a year after DC graduated.

Remember too, the vast majority of the players I listed played four seasons of college ball. I love Kyle Flipowski as a talent. Easy top five draft pick. I am just not sure he is too much better than Charles Smith, DC, Alonso, etc.

Especially as a sophomore.

Hop is gonna be out of a job in a few weeks, I wouldn’t be worried about recruiting against him

I think the question was, is he recruiting against us when he is on his way out?

I think the question was, is he recruiting against us when he is on his way out?
Yes, this is a PA player who has had an offer from SU and his former college teammate, Red Autry, after attending our elite camp last year - now by Hop, who sadly is considered U of Washington’s lame duck coach living in the far northwest. Strange.

Yes, this is a PA player who has had an offer from SU and his former college teammate, Red Autry, after attending our elite camp last year - now by Hop, who sadly is considered U of Washington’s lame duck coach living in the far northwest. Strange.

Someone else already trying to snag hop as an assistant before he’s even fired….?

Someone else already trying to snag hop as an assistant before he’s even fired….?
Seems something’s up. Just an uninformed and disappointed opinion.

Even when DC was young other people were afraid of him.
There have been for years rumors of DC and football players.
Rumors?
Got a funny story recently on that from a guy who was on that bball team. Couple days after, DC was walking by football practice, players started barking. Coach Mac tells his guys, what are you all talking for, didn't he just kick your ashes?

Last edited:
Got a funny story recently on that from a guy who was on that bball team. Couple days after, DC was walking by football practice, players started barking. Coach Mac tells his guys, what are you all talking for, didn't he just kick your ashes?
A popular related story is that Mac went to JB to complain about what DC did, JB’s response was “you better recruit tougher players”…

When I read this, I'm visualizing the football players literally making dog noises at DC.

Some new clips and new hair...
You can see him running with Jerry Easter on Team Final this spring/summer.

Ghilool is a 4, if we’re killing it. Otherwise he’s another Carey 2 and out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom